Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing Broker for Investments

• 07-01-2015 5:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭

Hi Guys

Just wondering what your take would be on changing brokers for investments?

I set up a savings account 2 1/2 years ago through Cornmarket and they advised me on a "foresight rainy day saving plan" with Zurich Life. We have an index rating of 5 which i think is pretty high but the fund has done pretty well so far. Overall returns are 15% of what i put in, and that works out at around 9% after tax. So much better than a regular savings account.

My question is, i'm thinking of opening a new zurich life savings policy, would i be right to go straight to the source, now that i know a bit more about things, or would you advise on sticking with cornmarket? And if i moved, is it possible to move an existing policy away from cornmarket to zurich directly?

The theory about having 2 different accounts would be to diversify the money and have them on 2 different index ratings so not all of my savings would be at risk.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 958 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

You should be able to diversify how your money is invested within your Zurich Life savings plan, you should not have to open up a second saver to do this. However Cornmarkets charges are generally higher than a direct sales agent or broker could get for you, so I would recommend shopping around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Uyn3387

You would be better to go on the internet to search for a good investment yourself, the financial advisers will be lining their nests with your money

Advertisement