Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Migrating iTunes accounts

• 07-01-2015 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I bought an iPod 6 years ago and while I did not buy too many songs from iTunes I did copy all my music onto a PC and put it into my iTunes library.

I got an iPhone4 in 2013 and got an iCloud address and a new iTunes account.

What I want to do is be able to load my iTunes library from my old email address to the new phone and sync the iPod and iPhone.

Is there a way to do this?

Thanks in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

iTunes music is DRM free so it'll sync just fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭mel.b

I'm not sure from your r post, but if the music is under two different Apple id's you will have difficulty as you can only associate one Apple id with a device every 90 days. So you could use your old address and get that music but it means you won't be able to log in with the other address for the next 90 days.

I learnt this the hard way just last week when I got an iPhone 5. I have two Apple ids for iTunes - one for Australia when I lived there and one for the Irish store. When I set up the Irish one 5-6yrs ago you either couldn't change the country your account was associated with or I didn't know, so I set up a brand new Apple id for Ireland. All the music from both accounts is in my library but when I went to download the music onto my phone I could only get the music I had purchased with my Irish id. After a painful conversation with Apple support he rest it so I could get my Australian music but in the process has now locked me out of my Irish id for 90 days. Honestly it's enough to almost make me buy CDs again...at least I'll physically have them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 329 ✭✭Cathalog

OP, have you tried copying the songs over already? If so, did you get an error message?

If you get a message asking you to sign into your old iTunes account, then you probably have a DRM issue.
    iTunes music is DRM-free since 2009. But before 2009, Apple only allowed music to be assigned to just one iTunes account at a time.

Here's an article showing how to (legally) remove the DRM. http://lifehacker.com/delete-old-drm-copies-of-itunes-music-and-download-drm-1546445214

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Rescue Me

Thanks folks.
    I'll have a look and let you know how I get on! :)

Advertisement