Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

20 Month old advice needed.

Options
  • 07-01-2015 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭

I all.

This is long winded so bare with me.

We have a 20 month old and since last Friday she has been blinking and squinting as though she has an irritation with her eyes.

We took her initially to a pharmacy on the hope we could get eye drops, they told us to take her to the opticians. We done that, the optician directed us to our GP (which wasn't open) so we took her to the VHI clinic who weren't overly sure what was wrong so they gave us a referral letter for Crumlin or Temple Street.

We took her to Temple street and the doctor said she had a swollen throat / tonsil are and that it was probably all linked and it should go away in time.

Almost a week later and there is no change, she still has the blinking and squinting.

What is my next port of call. Should I take her to the eye and ear, bring her back to Temple Street?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Unless you're worried about her immediate well being bring her to your gp tomorrow. You'll need a referral for a hospital consultant anyway so your gp should be the first port of call.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Soooky

Is your baby on medication/antibiotics for her sore throat? She probably has a sinus infection too. If so I would wait until the course is finished and then return to gp if she is still having trouble with her eyes. Our LO is the same any time she gets a cold or sore throat - her eyes get sensitive to light, she rubs her eyes, they water and she has a gunky green discharge. I'm hoping she grows out of it (she is 1yo) Poor babies :(

Advertisement