Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Legal to paint/customise the appearance of your car?

Options
  • 07-01-2015 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello. I haven't been able to find anything about this online. I wonder if anyone knows the legality of painting ones own car. I want to do some work on the bonnet section, the paint was damaged by a petrol spill I'm an artist and I thought I might repaint and do some decorative work with an airbrush for fun. Is this legal in Ireland and will the NCT accept it?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Perfectly Legal......although if you change the over all colour of the car you should use an RF111 form to have the VLC (Log Book) altered. You can download a copy of the form and see what you think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cliffordhatch

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The bad taste police might lock you up.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

The bad taste police might lock you up.:pac:

The OP is an artist, should be safe:p

What is the car and do you have a sample pictures, Cliffordhatch?

I wouldn't mind having a look at your project before you start:D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,222 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah if you do decide to go ahead, start a thread in here and people can follow the work on it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement