Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SU announcements re. Aisling Middleton

• 07-01-2015 8:52pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A statement has been released by the Students Union regarding the death of our fellow Maynooth student Aisling Middleton and her friends Chermaine, Niamh and Gemma.
    It is with deep regret and sadness that we have learned of the death of four girls, Aisling Middleton, Chermaine Carroll, Niamh Doyle, and Gemma Nolan, who died tragically following a car crash last night.
    Aisling was a second-year student of English and Anthropology here at Maynooth University and her kind, friendly and energetic nature was known to many. Maynooth students and staff are still coming to terms with the tragedy and the University community is in shock.
    Our deepest and most heartfelt sympathies are with the families and friends during this terrible time. We are also mindful of the three people seriously injured in the accident who remain in hospital, and we hope for their full recovery.
    A Moment of Remembrance for Aisling will be held in An Tobar (Student Services Centre) at 12 noon tomorrow, Thursday 8th January 2015. All staff and students are invited to attend. A Book of Condolences for Aisling will be also be available for signing.
    We would also like to remind all our students of the support services available to them on campus to help them at this time. The chaplaincy, counselling service and the Students Union are available to all students, please do not hesitate to contact any of us.
    10926793_10153429087718056_223458111428348168_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

My thoughts go out to the friends and families of the four girls. To anyone who may have known them and is finding it hard to process, which is totally understandable, do not be afraid to ask for help and support if you need it. The college always provides great services so please use them. It's a tough thing for anyone to deal with

RIP Aisling, Chermaine, Niamh and Gemma.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Another SU announcement from Síona, Welfare Officer re. Aisling's funeral:
    ///Saturday Funeral Arrangements - Exam Clashes - Deferrals///

The funeral arrangements for Aisling Middleton, RIP are as follows:
    Reposing at Murphy Brothers Funeral Home, Church Lane, Naas on Friday 9th from 6pm to 9pm with ‪#‎Removal‬ on ‪#‎Saturday‬ afternoon to arrive at the Church of the Irish Martyrs, Ballycane, Naas for 2pm Requiem Mass. Burial afterwards in St. Corban's Cemetery, Naas.

Maynooth Students' Union (MSU) is organising transport for students who wish to attend Aisling's service. A bus will leave from outside the SU at 1pm on Saturday 10th January and will return to the campus afterwards (about 4pm). Please register for a seat on the bus by simply emailing me on welfare@nuimsu.com as soon as possible. There is no cost for this transport.

**Students who are scheduled to have an exam at 12.30pm or 3.30pm on Saturday 10th January and wish to attend the Funeral Mass should email me with their student number and exam time before 1pm tomorrow to be facilitated to attend both**
    10933169_10153445158858056_26232286_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=6c91eb5185fca5bab0e31893a4442b2d&oe=54B1FAE3&__gda__=1420945075_9020ad1e40717e3eff29554784b9ee0a

I know that this has been posted late but you may still be able to contact Síona. I posted this as soon as I saw it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 54 ✭✭mrolaf

so sad such young beautiful girls

Advertisement