Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For Sale - LÉ Aoife navy ship.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 891 ✭✭✭Falcon L

Hmmm. I was looking for a new boat for a bit of fishing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Slightly OT, but I had completely forgotten about that Canadian Sub in 2004.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Probably a stupid question - but if it's in excellent condition, just had a major refit last year ,it's replacement doesn't arrive till end of February (and is then going to need a fair bit of time to train crew in) and the navy is down ships because of the asbestos thing (hopefully sorted) , why are they getting shut of it now ??

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

She's being De-comissioned tomorrow in Waterford City.

• Site Banned Posts: 118 ✭✭browniepoints

Cheap as chips to buy and great buy fully serviced to highest standards but the fuel bill eeeekkk

What would it take per hour in fuel 1 ton per hour at full speed what speed is that 10 knots.
    Must be something like ~20 gallons fuel used to go one mile

Even parked in the harbour must use easy 1/10 ton of fuel per day to electrify the ship .

I will have to skip on that auction for now until the bank account is up to the running costs ha ha

Jed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Cheap as chips to buy and great buy fully serviced to highest standards but the fuel bill eeeekkk

What would it take per hour in fuel 1 ton per hour at full speed what speed is that 10 knots.
    Must be something like ~20 gallons fuel used to go one mile

Even parked in the harbour must use easy 1/10 ton of fuel per day to electrify the ship .

I will have to skip on that auction for now until the bank account is up to the running costs ha ha

Jed
    Just get an aul genny on done deal to run the leccy -
    Would it use that much diesel cos of the old design of the ship -(shape ect) -/ old inefficient engines ect . Or is it simply a big ship and a modern similar sized beasty would use nearly as much ?
    Not getting it cos I've no where handy to moor it ! :-)

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

Advertisement