Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virtuemart upgrades

Options
  • 07-01-2015 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place but I'll throw this out there...

A client of mine has a site running Joomla 1.0.13 with Virtuemart 1.0.14 (very old) and he wants a new site still using Joomla/Virtuemart.

I am setting up a new site rather than trying to do an upgrade on the old site. There are few static pages, so they are easy to manually recreate, but Virtuemart is the problem. There are major changes from version 1 to version 3 and no easy migration path as far as I can see. I washing to export the tables via phpadmin and import into the new site, or use a (non-existent) import feature in Virtuemart.

I have exported an sql file of the product table but the db setup is very different in the new version so it won't import in. I have also created a cvs file of the products but Virtuemart doesn't have an import feature. It does have a migration feature but I am at a loss trying to figure out how to use it.

Does anyone here have an idea? Has anyone come across this problem?

Thanks!

Advertisement