Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Gym in the Area? All round Value.

Options
  • 07-01-2015 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭

So Westwood is probably the best facility in the area, but at €75 a month it's beyond what most are willing to pay.

Crunch Dun Laoghaire is offering deals for around €45 a month, and has the jacuzzi, swimming pool, sauna, steamroom etc.

Ben Dunne is obviously the cheapest (both Sandyford/Cherrywood are €189 for the year), however is usually rammed I hear and has none of the extras like Sauna etc.

Anytime fitness is €35 a month there near Bakers Corner, 24hrs but smallish and again none of the extras.

Just looking for people's experiences of different facilities in the area.

What about Rochestown Lodge, Bluepool, Loughlinstown etc. Do you like your GYM, or do the people who go to it infuriate you?

Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Woodbrook80

Would love to go to Westwood but too expensive for me

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

So Westwood is probably the best facility in the area, but at €75 a month it's beyond what most are willing to pay.

Crunch Dun Laoghaire is offering deals for around €45 a month, and has the jacuzzi, swimming pool, sauna, steamroom etc.

Ben Dunne is obviously the cheapest (both Sandyford/Cherrywood are €189 for the year), however is usually rammed I hear and has none of the extras like Sauna etc.

Anytime fitness is €35 a month there near Bakers Corner, 24hrs but smallish and again none of the extras.

Just looking for people's experiences of different facilities in the area.

What about Rochestown Lodge, Bluepool, Loughlinstown etc. Do you like your GYM, or do the people who go to it infuriate you?

Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

Tbh I think Westwood is horrible, to many dingy corners and small rooms. Ben Dunne in cherrywood is much better. If you want a pool you can use loughlinstown

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭qb123

Am a member of Crunch (for c.4 years), so can only speak for that. Find the place excellent - good equipment (treadmills, hill climbers, cycling machines, fixed and free weights etc. etc.) friendly staff, many classes (included in membership fee) to suit all types. Also always have dedicated cleaning staff on duty so place is very well kept. Can be busy at peak times but you'll always find free equipment. So a strong recommendation from me.

I assume €45 is for off-peak membership?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

No 45 is for full membership, me thinks they're not doing too well at the moment and are basically willing to take anything around there from people.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭qb123

That's a good deal - I'm paying €64pm. Seriously hope they're not in trouble, would be shame to see the place close.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭djburchgrove

qb123 wrote: »
    That's a good deal - I'm paying €64pm. Seriously hope they're not in trouble, would be shame to see the place close.

I don't think its that bad, lets just say I loosely know someone in the sales process down there, and if you were to go to them and say you're leaving unless they drop your rate... they'll drop your rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Another recommendation for Crunch. I pay up front each year, 395e for 12 months with no sign up fee. So thats 33e per month, which is a great price. I just asked for a better price, and offered to pay there and then each time.

Advertisement