Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Transformation 2015

Options
  • 07-01-2015 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭

Can't see a thread for this year so starting one looking forward to it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭MollFlanders

Really looking forward to it. I'm hoping to lose 14lb by the end of the series!!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Woodbrook80

I'm doing slimming world but everything helps
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Can't believe they blamed the government, it's not their fault, it's our lazy attitude to a healthy lifestyle

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

I'm doing slimming world but everything helps
    Good luck

Slimming world is very good as it teaches u how to cook.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Thought it was very moving tonight but how that lad is nearly 27 stone at 21 years of age is just unbelievable to me...very sad, hope he really does well and loses a lot of weight

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭GalwayGirl26

Doing it through work, so hopefully it will be easier to stay focused and motivated!

Can identify with Louise the 2nd person also trying to get pregnant!
    Hope they do well
    Dosnt appear to be an app this year :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I liked Alan too, I hope he does very well. He is too young to have his life so seriously curtailed by his weight.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

'Fraid I could only half watch it last night - I would have been in tears (pms hormones!) The young guy weighing so much, his parents so worried about him. Also the lady who's been trying for a baby. I have it recorded so I will try and watch it properly at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

I felt so sorry for Louise :( I hope this helps with her hopes of having a baby. And the 21 year old...God love him, he has a long road ahead of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Veronica is a very pretty girl, I hope this journey helps to improve her self confidence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

wish the programme was on an hour long...in the space of 30min l feel like they show too much about the goverment, all these groups around the country, school kids walking 1000 steps a day and how you can follow the programme on twitter etc........wish they would just focus completey on the leaders and how they are progressing etc...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

oh and more of those sexy firemen please!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

The young lad smokes 40 a day and drinks six cans of coke a day...

The woman who is trying to get pregnant also smokes but will give up if she gets pregnant.

While I feel for them, they seem to have issues with cop on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Do people really need to watch trash like this to help them to lose weight? Too much drama and sob stories. Looking back at previous contestants only very few of them kept the weight off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Looking back at previous contestants only very few of them kept the weight off.

I watched the program last week where they did a follow up with some of the previous leaders. It seemed that once the show was over they were more or less left alone with no supports or follow ups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    I watched the program last week where they did a follow up with some of the previous leaders. It seemed that once the show was over they were more or less left alone with no supports or follow ups.

There's only one person that can help people lose weight that's themselves. If they can't motivate themselves without help they stay overweight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Sunny Dayz wrote: »

They were given the tools and knowledge.... it was then up to them to put into practice what they had learned.

They are adults after all.

I m only following the exercise plan as already doing slimming world so far so good not sure about tomorrow if the wind keeps up !

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Donkeygonads

I m only following the exercise plan as already doing slimming world so far so good not sure about tomorrow if the wind keeps up !

Bad weather is a poor excuse , just poor clothing !! Get out there and stick to the regime, Good Luck !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

leahyl wrote: »
    Thought it was very moving tonight but how that lad is nearly 27 stone at 21 years of age is just unbelievable to me...very sad, hope he really does well and loses a lot of weight

Ahh feic it . I'm just watching repeat now.
    Alan's mother said he has wreaked his life. I'm sorry but she fed him for the first 18yrs. Fair enough he's an adult niw but you can't unlearn a lifetime of bad habits once you reach 18.

I'm sick Of seeing kids in playground eating a tube of Pringles and swigging out of 1litre bottles of coke. Healthy eating and portion control has to start from childhood.

Best of luck to Alan he deserves to be happy and healthy. I hope all the leaders do really well.

Did the run/walk gosh my legs were burning apart from that was ok

• Registered Users Posts: 2,134 ✭✭✭gubbie

Lisha wrote: »
    I'm sick Of seeing kids in playground eating a tube of Pringles and swigging out of 1litre bottles of coke. Healthy eating and portion control has to start from childhood.

Most primary schools I've come across have a healthy eating policy and won't allow those in. They won't even allow cake on the childs birthday

gubbie wrote: »
    Most primary schools I've come across have a healthy eating policy and won't allow those in. They won't even allow cake on the childs birthday

Sorry Yes, I was talking about playgrounds outside of school.
    My son's school had the healthy eating policy too but I was collecting him early one day and met a few girls munching on Mars bars.
    It's diffucult for the school to enforce what the parents won't support sadly.

Looking forward to tomorrow see how they are getting on

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭sabhail

Looking forward to tomorrow see how they are getting on

couldn't believe the young guy asking his mam to get his weetabix for him....wI'd say he'll find it hardest...thought the Dr had it spot on... He hasn't really grown up, taken responsibility for himself.

Think one of his problems is his mother seems to never say no to him he needs to grow up look after himself

The weight losses tonght are great in fairness to them!

They all did great so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

That guy, Alan needs to move out of home to be honest, cook for himself, only way he will change his behaviour

Advertisement