Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Operation Transformation 2015

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Cannot believe Alan got his mam to get his breakfast cereal for him. My 10 year old has been able to get himself a bowl of cereal for years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Sunny Dayz wrote: »
    Cannot believe Alan got his mam to get his breakfast cereal for him. My 10 year old has been able to get himself a bowl of cereal for years!

How can somebody so young be such a size... I'm not trying to be cruel here, but at what stage to social services step in with a case like this.?.. He seems like a nice lad, but he's left himself with an unbelievable hill to climb...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

How can somebody so young be such a size... I'm not trying to be cruel here, but at what stage to social services step in with a case like this.?.. He seems like a nice lad, but he's left himself with an unbelievable hill to climb...
    Alan is 21, he is an adult and he is responsible for his own weight issues. In a previous programme his mother said that she was cooking healthy meals but he was eating snack boxes and pizza outside of the family home.

I really hope he does well, he does seem like a lovely lad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

MrsD007 wrote: »
    Alan is 21, he is an adult and he is responsible for his own weight issues.

He was a 32 inch waist until the day he turned 18?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I'd like to congratulate whoever made the decision to play "Anaconda" over the video of Karl Henry. The poor guy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

Very short thread , you would think by the show that half of ireland was taking part :)

They are all doing very well , the young fella seems a decent sort , some unfair comments about the parents , its obv he has been well reared.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,781 ✭✭✭clappyhappy

hawkwind23 wrote: »
    Very short thread , you would think by the show that half of ireland was taking part :)

They are all doing very well , the young fella seems a decent sort , some unfair comments about the parents , its obv he has been well reared.

I agree, lovely lad. But as a parent you have to be cruel to be kind sometimes. Hope he and the rest of them achieve all the goals they have set for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Frog Song

I'm just not as interested in this year's group compared to last year, last year were more fun I guess like Deirdre and Siobhan and I'd look forward to seeing them. This year seems a bit flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

That fire service challenge tonight was pretty brutal.

I know it seemed like a good idea at the time but what were they thinking leaving the heaviest til last? God, that's well over 40kg each.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭huber

Hi, Can anyone tell me where Kathryn Thomas's Skirt on Operation Transformation on Wednesday night was from??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,280 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

huber wrote: »
    Hi, Can anyone tell me where Kathryn Thomas's Skirt on Operation Transformation on Wednesday night was from??

The RTE wardrobe department.

huber wrote: »

River Island. She usually tweets where she gets her outfits from.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭brian_t

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Merging this with the existing Operation Transformation thread in the 'Reality Forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Is this the Top 40 Chart Countdown with a few obese people thrown in?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Looks like this week will be the oh ye are not working hard enough at all ! Drama in the weakest sense

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭sh1tstirrer

What happened to Paudie that was on last year? There isn't a word about him this year even though all the other contestants last were mentioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

How come none of them join a gym for the duration of the show?

I've tried exercising at home like the participants and it really doesn't work lifting bottles of water and doing sit ups which is what they all seem to be doing rather than lifting proper weights and really exercising both aerobically and and anaerobic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭hawkwind23

I switched it off.
    New low by RTE , 10 minutes of the show dedicated to someone having a ****e complete with cringe-able music and verbal innuendo.
    Like something a 12 year old child would produce , how much are the production team on? Insane!
    complete that with the standard cross platform RTE advertising of radio , websites , apps etc and looped tapes of half the country out running and screaming "Operation Transformation"
    To go with the shows tone , diarrhoea , i wont be watching again
    Utter dross and a waste of license payers money, i feel sorry for the genuine and nice people who agreed to participate in this farce!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,250 ✭✭✭nc6000

Doesn't look like many on here are bothered with the show. I've found it really repetitive and won't bother watching it again.

Way too much time given to calorie counts on menus (which seems to be taking years to get anywhere with) and teaching PE in primary school.

• Advertisement

nc6000 wrote: »
    Doesn't look like many on here are bothered with the show. I've found it really repetitive and won't bother watching it again.

Way too much time given to calorie counts on menus (which seems to be taking years to get anywhere with) and teaching PE in primary school.

I stopped watching it last week. It's boring this year. Same old story maybe and this year's contestants don't make me care enough to watch them like last year's gang did.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

The worst thing they ever did with the show was to switch from one hour long show to two 30 minute shows. They doubled the amount of advertising and reduced the amount of time you see of the leaders at home. You also end up with double the amount of jingles for the 5K, Family Cycle, clips from around the country etc which ad little to the show.

Edit to add: The web only after show segment isn't bad but would be more interesting if the leaders stuck around as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

Have to agree with the repetitiveness of the calorie counting and the kids PE stuff..

I watch it on RTE Player and fast forward through all of that.

It's a pity they don't use some examples of healthy and fit people (who eat well and exercise because they are enjoyable things to do) talking about how they keep fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Cosmo2013

Far too much padding and fillers in this show. So dull now. 5 people trying to lose weight n we have to watch every kid in the country exercising... every community on a bike etc. Its appalling. And now, the fire brigade, like seriously!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Show is boring me as well.

Stop showing crappy low quality phone videos of groups please.
    Also why is everyone wearing high via vests even when out walking during the middle of the day. Health and safety gone mad.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

was it necessary to have that 26st chap topless ??

i mean his life must be difficult enough without having him appear on national TV like that, why couldn't they have have him with a t-shirt on??

• Registered Users Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Agree with the comments. How much more mileage can they get out of kids and exercise in the class?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,250 ✭✭✭nc6000

I feel a strange urge to eat cheese and drink wine when this show is on. Anyone else get that?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

murpho999 wrote: »
    Also why is everyone wearing high via vests even when out walking during the middle of the day. Health and safety gone mad.

Trust me when people are walking on a country road or on the hard shoulder of a road with no footpath - in our dull Irish weather, it is actually quite difficult to see them without hi-vis vests. I'd rather look like an eejit in my hi-vis than get knocked down!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 IWillFindYou

They all look great

Advertisement