Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lego Technic 42008 Problem?

Options
  • 07-01-2015 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭

Hi,

my son received the above set from Mr Claus and we`ve been enjoying assembling it since the weekend. He got lots of lego so only getting to this set now!

Anyway we have basically assembled as far as book 3 and we put the battery box in the motor runs but no hydraulics working :(

Weve been meticulous in piecing it together. Any ideas or is it a case of breaking it up and starting from an earlier point.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

Are all the pneumatic lines connected? Any breaks or kinks in the lines?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭roxybargains

Spocker wrote: »
    Are all the pneumatic lines connected? Any breaks or kinks in the lines?

All lines are connected and straight. The motor runs but just noticed the cog assembly to the front of the motor where the piston is is not moving

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

Have you the gears right? I haven't made that set yet myself but usually for motors there is a switch somewhere that puts the mechanics into gear. Usually at the back of the final instruction book there are images to show where the switches are and how to position them.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

Have you the gears right? I haven't made that set yet myself but usually for motors there is a switch somewhere that puts the mechanics into gear. Usually at the back of the final instruction book there are images to show where the switches are and how to position them.

There are four switches two up top and two at the side, they seem connected right but again im getting no pneumatic power.

Being such a detailed set was hoping i didnt have to break it down. as i said the cogs in front of the motor arent moving.

This is our first large Technic set so its a learning experience....fun too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Gearbox assembled correctly? It can be quite easy to mess that up and it's doesn't really show up till everything is put in gear.

• Advertisement

Gearbox assembled correctly? It can be quite easy to mess that up and it's doesn't really show up till everything is put in gear.

I think this is where the problem is. Any ideas of easy access to gear box or should i bite the bullet and disassemble in sections?

• Moderators Posts: 6,860 ✭✭✭Spocker

Its kinda hard to tell without pictures (put some up. maybe, to compare to ours?) , but I'd hazard a guess the gearbox isn't assembled correctly as Oafley said. If thats the case, you might have no option but to disassemble... :(

Spocker wrote: »
    Its kinda hard to tell without pictures (put some up. maybe, to compare to ours?) , but I'd hazard a guess the gearbox isn't assembled correctly as Oafley said. If thats the case, you might have no option but to disassemble... :(

il take some pictures later and post them up. thanks for the replies

Update*

I ended up dismantling part of the structure to allow me access into the motor and gears.

looks as though we had two cogs the wrong way round so when the side switches were pushed they werent connecting the cogs correctly...hope that makes sense!

It took over an hour so tomorrow we have to put it all back together.

Thanks for all the advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Update*

I ended up dismantling part of the structure to allow me access into the motor and gears.

looks as though we had two cogs the wrong way round so when the side switches were pushed they werent connecting the cogs correctly...hope that makes sense!

It took over an hour so tomorrow we have to put it all back together.

Thanks for all the advice!

I've done that on more than one occasion myself.

• Advertisement

Completed the Recovery Truck and its finally fully functional. My son (10) loves it and enjoyed the building process and is having great fun using the winch and controls. This was his first large Technic set, hes a big Lego City collector. He is already wondering what his next set will be :)

Advertisement