Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Closed hostel in Kerry, possibly around Parknasilla/Sneem area

Options
  • 07-01-2015 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone knows of a old hostel, possibly around the Parknasilla or Sneem area. Ran by a woman called Tess for some time. It may have closed in the early 2000's, maybe around 2004/2005. Don't know if it's still standing.

Any info appreciated.

Jen

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭callee

Hi
    There was a hostel called The Cantharella, but it closed down a few years ago. The building is still there but as far as I know its not being used for anything at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

callee wrote: »
    Hi
    There was a hostel called The Cantharella, but it closed down a few years ago. The building is still there but as far as I know its not being used for anything at the moment.

That's the one! I have a picture of an old postcard of the hostel but was never able to make out the name. Do you know the address/area? I'm going to be travelling to Kerry in a few months, would love to visit nearby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭9wetfckx43j5rg

Actually I've figured out the location, but would love to get in touch with the owners, see if I could get permission to photograph/film it.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭LaChatteGitane

Its last name was Harbour View Hostel.
    It closed a few years ago after the owner passed away. Tess, his sister, still lives across the road.

Advertisement