Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The best omelette in Dublin city centre?

Options
  • 07-01-2015 9:57pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭

All suggestions welcome. Price not of too much significance.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Gerry Rio

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

with respect, its an omelette, its in the abc cookbook

Bandara wrote: »

With respect.

I like eating out. I like omelettes. Your reply was of no help whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

Foam cafe on Strand Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,360 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Quite a fan of an Omelette myself and I find they will very often be terrible when ordered in restaurants.
    I like to cook my own and have it just how I line it instead of the dried out rubber I tend to be served.
    Its a very valid question and your answer is idiotic

• Advertisement

OldBean wrote: »
    Foam cafe on Strand Street.

Thanks, where is Strand St again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭OldBean

It's the right hand turn off of Liffey St. Or one street closer to the Liffey from the Abbey St. Luas stop.

And also to add; there is a "best sandwich?" and other similar threads on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 jas376

Gerry Rio wrote: »
    And also to add; there is a "best sandwich?" and other similar threads on here.

The OP doesn't want a best sandwich or anything similar. He/she wants an omelette.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Gerry Rio wrote: »
    All suggestions welcome. Price not of too much significance.

I do a mean omelette. €20 a plate in D7:D

I bolded the relevant part of your request

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

I love the omelettes in Honest to Goodness, it's on the same street as Odessa, off Exchequer Street. Two sizes offered and you choose three ingredients from a decent list to add to it. I'm a fan of ham, Swiss cheese and red onion :) there is also an egg white only option for those that are inclined. Comes served with some yummy salad and two slices of bread.

KC Peaches on Pearse Street had a good range of omelettes as part of their brunch offerings at weekends but they seem to have reduced these to just a few now. I don't believe the omelettes are available in the other branches of KC Peaches but could be wrong, Comes with toast and an option of a side of bacon or a fruit bowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭cython

jas376 wrote:
    The OP doesn't want a best sandwich or anything similar. He/she wants an omelette.
    Given that the post you replied to was made by the OP I think it was made while fully aware of that fact! Rather I think they were suggesting that best omelette is an equally valid question as best sandwich....

Advertisement