Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MP3 Player... do they still exist?

• 07-01-2015 10:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭

My iPod classic has bit the dust... The battery is fooked.

I'm living in the middle east so streaming such as spotify, Google play etc aren't available/not an option... So in the interest of preserving my phone's battery life every day and avoiding the limited storage.... are there any 64 gb mp3 players still on the market and what are the best bang for my dirham?

Main purpose will be plugging into the car, strolling around and the occasional flight connected to a pair of sennheiser momentum on ears...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,733 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Why not save up for a shiny new Sony Walkman ZX2? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

I'll start with the classic suggestion of Sansa Clip + and the 64gb card.
    Another would be the FiiO X1 with a 64gb card.

Either would be a good cheap enough option. Or if there's one of the new Sony DAPs available for a good price with the 64gb that'd be a good option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,747 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Can't find any locally... And just got a voucher for an electronics shop, so it looks like I'll be picking up an iPod touch when they come back into stock...

Amazon don't deliver here...

Okay... Just had a look on a local site, but can't find the clip plus...

They have a zip model, and a couple of others that say they are expandable...

Can anyone recommend any from the list below. Much better prices than the iPod!

I need decent battery, 64gb and decent sound quality... Easy interface would be good too.

http://uae.souq.com/ae-en/sansa-clip-+/s/

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Okay... Just had a look on a local site, but can't find the clip plus...

They have a zip model, and a couple of others that say they are expandable...

Can anyone recommend any from the list below. Much better prices than the iPod!

I need decent battery, 64gb and decent sound quality... Easy interface would be good too.

http://uae.souq.com/ae-en/sansa-clip-+/s/

Had a quick look, and for the price nothing there will beat the Zip. The Zip by the way is just a newer Clip +.

When you get it install Rockbox and you're sailing.

• Advertisement

Having a look online and it seems that they only support 32gb... Will the firmware update allow me to use a 64gig card

Bluefoam wrote: »
    Having a look online and it seems that they only support 32gb... Will the firmware update allow me to use a 64gig card

Yeah I've a 64gb in mine! Just format it when you get it and you'll be fine.

Thanks Marko, appreciate the advice. Will put in an order today...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Where's the best price for Zips these days. Have one Zip, but our old Clips are all failing bit by bit. They aren't as robust as our other Mp3 players Sony Apple etc but still love the Sansa's regardless.

Avoid the Zip sport though, it's not meant to be as good as the regular Sansa Zip.

Where are you getting a good price on the 64gb cards?

• Advertisement

just make sure that you buy the clip zip and not the clip sport. the newer clip sport is not as good as the old clip zip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

beauf wrote: »

Avoid the Zip sport though, it's not meant to be as good as the regular Sansa Zip.

Good advice

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭parttime

as mentioned, Fiio X1. Plays Flacs as well as mp3. Gret reviews and fairly cheap

Advertisement