Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Courses

Options
  • 08-01-2015 1:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Im in leaving cert, in cork, and im just wondering about business courses, which are the best in the country?. At the moment im looking at BA International Business in UL, anybody doing it or know somebody doing it that can let me know what its like? Or even any other lc's like myself thinking about this course? Would really appreciate it? :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Business courses in general are pretty good across Ireland. The thing with trying to excel in a business environment is that work experience can be more important than a degree. I recommend courses that grant accounting exam exemptions and have a work placement as part of them as being the 'best'.

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Polar Ice

Since the International Business course in UL is relatively new, it may be difficult to find someone who has done/is doing it.
    thelad95 wrote: »
    I recommend courses that grant accounting exam exemptions and have a work placement as part of them as being the 'best'.

If you're interested in accounting, which would be one of the areas that can be covered within a business degree, then getting as many exemptions for professional accounting exams is important. If however you don't intend on pursuing a career in accounting then accounting exemptions don't really matter from a business course.

I know comparing the BBS in UL to the BA in International Business, it would be more difficult in the International Business course to gain as many accounting exemptions. The International Business is designed to give more flexibility and can incorporate other arts modules into the standard range of business modules (You're effectively substituting some of the BBS degree modules with Politics/Sociology/Psychology/History modules), while also letting you take a language.

If you were interested in one of the other areas the BBS course covers like Economics, Marketing, or HR, then the additional perspective the International Business course can deliver may be of interest and benefit.

Advertisement