Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Infractions

Options
  • 08-01-2015 3:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭

Can someone please explain to me what an infraction is and the purpose of it. I looked it up and got this; - "a violation or infringement of a law or agreement." But I just want to see if Boards has a different meaning for it. Thanks.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,353 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

It's in the FAQs
    An Infraction (or Red Card) adds 1 point to your infraction total. These are given out for serious offenses, such as insulting other users, and are usually accompanied by a forum-ban. If you get 10 active infractions you will be site banned temporarily for 1 week. However, users at risk of getting 10 infractions are generally causing lots of trouble and catching the attention of the Admins - who may end up permanently banning such users anyway.
    Infraction points expire after 10 days. Take them for what they are: Stern Warnings and do not get too upset over getting one (i.e. please don’t start a Help Desk thread). If you believe that you have received an unfair infraction, please see the appeals section. If a mistake has been made by the moderator, infractions and warnings can be reversed.
    Infractions make keeping an eye on potentially troublesome users easier for our moderators.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement