Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Newest Photos arnt uploading to Icloud ?

• 08-01-2015 4:47am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

The last photo uploaded to Icloud was on 30-12-2014 , anyone have any ideas why none of my new pictures are going to the cloud ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Have you checked they're on in settings? IIRC you also need to be on wifi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Yeah checked all photo streams are ticked , on wifi have plenty battery etc . Just none of the ones in 2014 uploaded so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

2015 ;-)

If you're in photos and on wifi can you scroll to the bottom and see if you can force it? Usually says uploading or updating for me.

2015 sorry still getting used to that . No doesn't seem to be working . Have backed up via iTunes and cloud over the computer . Weird one :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Are you using the new iPhoto storage on iCloud Drive, or still using Photo stream?

• Advertisement

I'm using iCloud drive on the pc and phone , and using photo stream so both lol but newest photos should be uploaded soon as their taken from what I red , but there not lol

Ok, I understand. So try a Hard reboot.

Hold down home button and lock button until you see the Apple symbol.

Give it a few mins and take a photo. Wait and see then does it upload to the photo stream.

( Hard reset won't delete your photos )

Il try thanks :)

It uploads to my photo stream ok but doesn't appear on my computer in iCloud photos :/

pudzey101 wrote: »
    It uploads to my photo stream ok but doesn't appear on my computer in iCloud photos :/

That can take a while sometimes. If not restart the computer.

Basically your stream system is out of "sync" with each other, maybe you connected to someone else's computer to charge your device etc, and it paired by accident.

• Advertisement

Yeah I have a laptop too it's synced and recognized with that but it's broken :/ think ur on to something there . How do I get it to sync through my PC :) it syncs via iTunes no problem
    Etc:)

Yeah I have a laptop too it's synced and recognized with that but it's broken :/ think ur on to something there . How do I get it to sync through my PC :) it syncs via iTunes no problem
    Etc:)

Are you using iCloud on a windows pc, the app itself?

Yeah it's called iCloud drive on the windows pc :)

Yeah it's called iCloud drive on the windows pc :)

Ok so as far as I am aware photo stream won't work with iCloud drive like that. It is in beta mode at the moment.

The last option is to save the photos etc and uninstall the iCloud drive and reinstall. I wouldn't be 100% familiar with the PC setup itself.

Yeah what I normally do is import pics as soon as the phone is connected and drag them to the iCloud folder :) that works but has be another way :) thanks for the help :)

Yeah what I normally do is import pics as soon as the phone is connected and drag them to the iCloud folder :) that works but has be another way :) thanks for the help :)

I think the complication here be that it is in beta and iCloud drive doesn't work with photo stream, two separate systems that co exist.

Advertisement