Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold snap Jan 10th onwards: Wintry Showers, Snow Accumulations for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Coming in to short range precip model on Met.ie

These are the snow showers coming in to the west circa 4 am

web_hly_rainfall_2015011304.gif?h=1421092800000

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Heavy rain with some sleet and gusty winds in galway few minutes ago...say the wintry showers will be pretty lively once they get going later

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

Sleet in North Clare too

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Jaysus I broke the rule already :) !!! West Clare, about 3-5 km inland.
    Sleet again and 3.8c.

Heeeee heeee. We all know that when it gets exciting it's so easy to forget we're not in the same room.

Here (Sandyford, south Dublin ;) ) it's still 6.1c but the wind is bloody freezing every time we open the door to let the dogs in or out. It feels much more wintry than the temp would have you believe. Last night the wind was ferocious - had a few wakeful people at one stage. Currently 982mb.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,986 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Something's up! 425 people on the weather forum!!! :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭royalflush2003

Any snow around North wicklow Eden gate area forecast or will I have to hop in the 4x4 to Sally gap ? Lamppost watching here , 5.3 c

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

Freezie rain here in Cavan... As in I was walking in it and it was freezie. Windy too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Heavy rain and hail in East Galway, will be up at 5 am, expecting some sort of covering...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Heavy rain and hail in East Galway, will be up at 5 am, expecting some sort of covering...

that's the sort of dedication i like to see:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Donegal Town. Heavy rain
    124ft asl
    1km from coast
    3.1c.
    2.4dp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I wouldn't take too much notice of the slight rise in temperature. There is a small mild sector associated with the front crossing the country raising temperatures and DP's temporarily but after midnight both will fall away quickly from the west.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭aurora 527

It has been a balmy 7.2c since 6pm in Waterford City, temps eventually starting to fall now slowly, at present 6.7c DP 3.7c

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

STATUS YELLOW
    Met Eireann Update(to include thunderstorms)

Snow-ice Warning for Connacht, Cavan, Monaghan, Donegal, Clare, Cork, Kerry, Limerick and Tipperary

Wintry showers, some of which will be thundery, spreading east tonight are likely to give a covering of snow of up to 3cm in places. Icy patches will form in any locations escaping snow showers. Further thundery snow showers and similar accumulations will occur during the day on Tuesday and on Tuesday night.
    Issued:
    Monday 12 January 2015 17:00

Valid:
    Monday 12 January 2015 17:00 to Wednesday 14 January 2015 08:00

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

that's the sort of dedication i like to see:)

Of course it is for snow watching, nothing to do with getting up for work!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

Do we need to set up a dummy collection? We could recycle them for the next threat of snow.
    I've got the lamp post dusted off and in view but it's just wet and miserable here in West Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

Thundersnow me aul buddy !!! Where've you been all this time???

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭murdig

Will we be likely to get a fair coating in Tralee, Kerry? Kids are too young to remember the 2010 Snow, would be great if they could get a snow day. Also, what time should we be expecting the first snowfall in Tralee?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I assume Corks gonna get its usual foot of snow? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭barney 20v

murdig wrote: »
    Will we be likely to get a fair coating in Tralee, Kerry? Kids are too young to remember the 2010 Snow, would be great if they could get a snow day. Also, what time should we be expecting the first snowfall in Tralee?

5:37:15 am

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Any snow around North wicklow Eden gate area forecast or will I have to hop in the 4x4 to Sally gap ? Lamppost watching here , 5.3 c

A very light flurry at best but with a temp of 6.1C down the road here in Charlesland, it may be wishful thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

2.5C here in Donegal, 1.3 DP, ground is drenched outside from all the rain this evening, hard to imagine snow lying on that, although I do remember one time I said that before and as the temperature kept getting lower snow stuck easily, heres hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Later on tonight, when the showers turn to snow more widely it will become a game of hit and miss and why did it not snow in my back garden etc etc, its the luck of the draw with showers and for those that do get snow please say your locations because some I phones don't show it automatically and of course a photo or 2 is no harm!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Later on tonight, when the showers turn to snow more widely it will become a game of hit and miss and why did it not snow in my back garden etc etc, its the luck of the draw with showers and for those that do get snow please say your locations because some I phones don't show it automatically and of course a photo or 2 is no harm!

at least the people in the west dont have to worry about an added problem such as the IOM shadow when it comes to their streamers with 1000s of miles of open sea!

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

2.1C dp-0.2C, recent rain, I want snow but I need to get out tomorrow so only an inch or two please :)

(S.E. Sligo, high ground)

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭coillsaille

30 miles west of Galway city on the coast. Had a flash of lighting and a big clap of thunder 10 minutes ago immediately followed by an brief squally hail shower. Gone all quiet now again.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭murdig

No rain today in Tralee so far

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

looking at the radar the front is now stretching down the middle of the country but appears to be breaking up as it heads eastwards from County Offally down to county Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 saxo_vtr

Very light sleet falling here in Portlaoise

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Getting schleet now, temp down to 1.7C. dp -0.4C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Look at all the deep convection out to the west, buckets of snow for yeeee
    http://sat24.com/?ir=true

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement