Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold snap Jan 10th onwards: Wintry Showers, Snow Accumulations for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Down a bit further to 0.8C. dp.-1.1C.

(SE Sligo,high ground.)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Met eireann have an orange warning out, with up to 3 inches of snow possible in areas.

Little better isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

I won't sleep tonight now :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sirmick

Met eireann short range forecast is showing a heavy shower hitting cork city at 5am. This could give a few cm of snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭Kutebride

Was bitter cold & windy on school run this a.m.
    5 mile jog tonight @ 7.30 very calm.
    (Navan)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Bootros Bootros

Or sleet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭AnotherYear

Heavy snow shower in Donegal. 40m asl. Still very wet so will upload pic if or when we get a covering

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Some real cold clear air in over the west now. stars shining bright , mind you, a bit cold for looking at them!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Too many times we had forecasts like this and then i wake up in the morning to the sound of pouring rain :( this time better be different

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Lightly snowing here now in Dungiven, Co. Derry. Lying on the grass and cars, the ground is pretty wet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Gonzo wrote: »
    The best thing to expect is nothing, anything that falls over the next 48 hours will be a bonus! Keep this in mind to avoid disappointment. Atlantic cold rarely delivers to these parts and when it does it's usually not much.

Decent snow from the Atlantic over Leinster is much more rare than a decent easterly and those are rare enough as it is!
    But yet the rain seems to make it all the way to the Irish sea :confused::(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Reiketsu wrote: »
    Lightly snowing here now in Dungiven, Co. Derry. Lying on the grass and cars, the ground is pretty wet.
    Heavy snow shower in Donegal. 40m asl. Still very wet so will upload pic if or when we get a covering

sKKQXS2.gif

Best of luck from the east to all of you in the wesht!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

North or south of The Gap?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Meh, I'm not bothered.....*sobs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Nabber

Think the East may get some ninja snow. We can only wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Very light snow here in SE Sligo which is odd as radar shows nothing above me. 0.5C. dp. -1.4C.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

If it snows in Cork tomorrow it will have done so from a southwesterly wind.

As I mentioned a week or so ago this can happen as it did in 1984.
    It is very rare though!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Snow warning on met.ie for Cork, wonders never cease, Cork your moment has come.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭DIF

sirmick wrote: »
    Met eireann short range forecast is showing a heavy shower hitting cork city at 5am. This could give a few cm of snow.

I can hear a slight hum down here in Cork... I believe that would be the CSS (Cork Snow Shield) warming up ready to deploy tonight. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Nabber wrote: »
    Think the East may get some ninja snow. We can only wait and see.

I think we'll see snow falling at times, but any accumulations confined to the Wicklow mountains. If we do get some heavier showers, there may be short-lived accumulations at lowers levels too. I'll be happy with even seeing a few flakes blowing around in the wind to be honest!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Still waiting!!! In Galway at the moment and it's just raining. If any does fall can't see is settle it's very wet.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭Mech1

What sorta time for lampost watching gang in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

davidsr20 wrote: »
    Still waiting!!! In Galway at the moment and it's just raining. If any does fall can't see is settle it's very wet.

If it snows heavy enough for a few minuites, it can cool the ground quite quickly to allow some sticking.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

light rain and overcast in Dromahair... not a sign of anything even remotely sleaty here yet. Night all, travelling tomorrow so gotta keep wits about me with all the yummy forecasts for snow and ice... (NOT fun to drive in...sigh) but looking forward all the same to seeing the glorious whiteness :D

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭coillsaille

Nothing but a heavy rain shower 30 miles due west of Galway city ATM.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭smallwonder

Only a smattering of hailstones so far. Hard to imagine that I might wake up to a winter wonderland and the possibilty of a snow day off work!

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

I take it there is no chance of snow for Dublin tonight , holding out for an easterly next week

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I take it there is no chance of snow for Dublin tonight , holding out for an easterly next week

Towards early morning more likely rather than tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

Watching the forecast on BBC 1 earlier they showed snow for the west and south west of the country. No snow for the scallions. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Its fast approaching 2355 so if you have a radio on or Sky 0160 its over to met eireann for the very latest general and sea area forecast

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement