Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold snap Jan 10th onwards: Wintry Showers, Snow Accumulations for some

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

that weak front broke up over south meath and Dublin with nothing more than a light drizzle in places. Seems Met Eireann's forecast for the east is right so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

From an exile in South west uk I hope ye get snow lads.

Then ye've something to talk about til next December.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭weatherfiend

I'm so wrecked after last nights wind and 3/4 of the family being awake that I planned an early night but I can't make myself go to bed with the hope of needing to watch the lamp-posts (you never know!!!!?!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

Pangea wrote: »
    Snow warning on met.ie for Cork, wonders never cease, Cork your moment has come.

pffft you are not getting my hopes up. i refuse to take the bait.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭budweiser6

So tired need to go to bed for work but just CANNOT make myself go in case I miss something... says she with nose pressed to window glass every 5 minutes... waiting waaaayy too long to miss an 'event' like this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Very light snow here in SE Sligo which is odd as radar shows nothing above me. 0.5C. dp. -1.4C.

It obviously hasn't crossed the ox or bricklieves - clear with stars and no frost yet even.

S. Sligo - Hilly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

budweiser6 wrote: »
    So tired need to go to bed for work but just CANNOT make myself go in case I miss something... says she with nose pressed to window glass every 5 minutes... waiting waaaayy too long to miss an 'event' like this

Me too keep getting up and looking out the window lol!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

pointrosee_uk.png

Dewpoint now at -1 in Valentia :D Temp is 6C there.. 4.5 here in North Cork/East Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭Westernyelp

Temp 0.9 Dew 0.1 Castlebar no snow. clear

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Nope. Still nothing in Sligo Town.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭legomaniac

Nothing yet here in South Donegal. There was some rain and hail showers a while back and I saw lightening. I not expecting any snow here except on the mountains in Donegal and Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Phone App is showing Snow, it has shown snow before and nothing happened.

I'm not hopeful for much tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Most of the bigger showers are still a couple of hours out in the atlantic so sleep well for the time being

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭piskins72

Report of snow near Tralee according to Facebook, don't know if its sticking though.

we are ready .....Knock now 0 degrees, Claremorris 1 degree, Castlebar 1 degree....even Newport down to 2 degrees....

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Decent snow shower, ground trying to turn white, started with graupel then turned to medium sized fluffies :) I will take a pic if it sticks.

(SE Sligo)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

piskins72 wrote: »
    Report of snow near Tralee according to Facebook, don't know if its sticking though.

I'm in Tralee town and no sign of any snow here yet. We had a shower of icy rain about half an hour ago. Just stuck my head out and the bit of sky I can see is clear. It's baltic out there though.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,152 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

tumblr_m9mp7c5abb1qbnvdao1_500.gif

Current showers

Looks like I've got a bit of a wait for another shower, does the arrow point to your house Oscar? Just gone -0.2C. here dp -1.9

• Advertisement

Ive the arrow set to Castlebar town, its handy for the bigger showers when ya soom in etc

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭Mech1

Belfast traffic cameras all clear ATM.

http://trafficwatchni.com/cameras

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

Looking at the infrared sat loop on sat24 and there appears to be an almighty mass of (presumably snow) showers clumping together and heading towards Ireland. Still several hundred kilometres away but even if it keeps in its current form, it could prove to a very interesting Tuesday!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭Mech1

I would expect Snow too show up first on camera 8 Sandyknowes.

http://trafficwatchni.com/cameras

Ya, there's one big "blob"out there bigger than Ireland, there's plenty snow for everybody!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Anyone have snow yet? In clare I have a nice 2.1c with a shower on the way. Proabaly no snow, but sleet or hail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Just downloaded the rain alarm app will go off when showers get closer ...prolly bad idea be up all night lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The next two days could well replicate the day before and the night of the big wind.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

Few decent showers in East Donegal, started off as sleet, then snow, then sleet, then rain, then snow etc etc

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Reporting from Kerry, all clear crisp night can see the stars, no snow as of yet, back to studio.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement