Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold snap Jan 10th onwards: Wintry Showers, Snow Accumulations for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Dear precipitation,

May you continue to blow due east and be fluffy and white. That is all

Regards,

Slasher

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Time to get excited folks, Ive just lifted the blinds, and im looking out the window at snow on the ground in North county Meath.

Must've been the shower around 6, i see on the radar

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

RuthieRose wrote: »
    I demand a full investigation as to why there is no snow in Cavan town area and the situation be rectified immediately. 😡

Yup, I'm about half hour away from you and there's not a thing here either!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,973 ✭✭✭circadian

The wind in Dublin has a nasty bite, no snow though. Feels more like hail is on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,758 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Beefy snow shower in the midlands could be heading for Dublin in the next hour or so. Gonzo won't be too displeased with some of the charts for next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Beefy snow shower in the midlands could be heading for Dublin in the next hour or so. Gonzo won't be too displeased with some of the charts for next week.

Let's hope it doesn't fizzle out like some of the showers appear to be doing on the radar atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

Light rain in drogheda. Can people put up pics if possible of any snow

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Lenny5

Heavy hail shower has whitened things up nicely in Castlebar and now it's snowing lightly..

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Snows stopped in slippy sligo

A huge pile of showers out to northwest about 200 miles away on satellite

• Registered Users Posts: 9,508 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Lenny5 wrote: »
    Heavy hail shower has whitened things up nicely in Castlebar and now it's snowing lightly..

Just looked out the window myself. Looks like a good covering. The drive to work should be fun.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭cml387

Heavy snow between Cahir and Mitchelstown. Driving conditions hazardous. Outer lane of motorway becoming dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

A few moderate snow showers in South Dublin this morning
    circadian wrote: »
    The wind in Dublin has a nasty bite, no snow though. Feels more like hail is on the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Very light shower in Stepaside

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

No snow IMBY :-( :-P

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭john why

Please tell us more about next

• Registered Users Posts: 7,088 ✭✭✭pauldry

Some slippy dippy sligo snow

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭ComaWhite

Still a bit dark for a good picture, no street lamps around!
    Looks like a bit more to come in the distance too :)
    Inch Island, Donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭IP freely

Very jealous IP Freely. Was hoping for some antics in my own subaru. Nothing to report in limerick city. Just meh.

The slides were totally unintentional, honest :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭budweiser6

Not even a flake in limerick boo hoo

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Good morning from the South Kerry mountains...no way will I miss sleep like you lot do! Heard heavy stuff in the night and when I got up at 4 am as always, nothing to be seen out there as it is very dark up here. Got the dogs up at 6 and it was diluted sleety then and desperately cold.. now light is coming in and all three ranges of the mountains are lightly dusted with snow... which means on the road so made the right decision not to go out! If you know the road from Molls Gap to Killarney you will understand the hesitation! In and out of shade and water falling and sheer drops or rock faces... So home today and making split pea and smoked ham soup later when I light the range. Cannot afford to run the oil. Period. Knitted a hat already which will go to the homeless.. please if you are where there are folk sleeping rough, take any warm clothes and maybe hot coffee out. All too easy to slip from sleep into hypothermia and death. Can anyone remind me please eg Irish is Donegal how to calculate height above sea level? Thanks and enjoy the day! >

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭ComaWhite

Snow everywhere and some serious darkness in that sky! Noticeably darker than usual at this time with some intermittent snow flakes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭Pwindedd

Big blob of something heading east towards the dublin area on radar. Might be sleety snow mix but a few flakes would do me right now. Sorry on phone can't post screenshot.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

wooot!!!!! it snowed overnight in cork city!!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28 saxo_vtr

Sleet/light snow just started in Portlaoise

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭irish1967

Hail & Sleet Donegal Town at sea level. Temp 0.3c DP -0.3
    Live webcam pointing out into Donegal Bay.
    Donegal Bay Waterbus Webcam

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭john why

Clouds all white in D15, hopefully some snow is on the way

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

ComaWhite wrote: »
    Snow everywhere and some serious darkness in that sky! Noticeably darker than usual at this time with some intermittent snow flakes

Just ESE of Enfield and that shower is just arriving here now.Currently heavy graupel.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ark rose glenn

Well is there any snow out there this morning ...

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ark rose glenn

Well is there any snow out there this morning ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

irish1967 wrote: »
    Hail & Sleet Donegal Town at sea level. Temp 0.3c DP -0.3
    Live webcam pointing out into Donegal Bay.
    Donegal Bay Waterbus Webcam

Hi Irish! I think it was you who told me how to calculate asl ? Would be grateful.. a little below Blackwater Tavern near Killarney....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement