Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold snap Jan 10th onwards: Wintry Showers, Snow Accumulations for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

A short while ago at home, near Enfield, Co Meath

[IMG][/img]20150113_084645_zps493071aa.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 1 Mr Max

Will this be anything like 2010 winter ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭davehey79

Snowing in Longford Town now too

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

Good covering in Westport. 0.2 c and hail and snow showers. Could be a day of showers hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

not in Rush!

too close to the sea there i'd say! i'm at a heightened elevation. i'd say if i went down the hill, there'd be nothing lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭Macy0161

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Any update on Dublin/Wicklow mountains Sally gap area?
    Obviously the further west into the Mountains probably did better than the eastern side, but just a minor dusting around Roundwood (only the dry parts, not even all the grass). Was only twilight when I was heading in, but didn't look much on the likes of Scarr, Djouce and the other North Eastern Mountains from what I could see anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

too close to the sea there i'd say! i'm at a heightened elevation. i'd say if i went down the hill, there'd be nothing lol

I'm in Balrothery, no snow here!

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Snowing in Lusk - yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,554 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

snowing now

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Nice proper flakes falling in Lusk now - melting on impact but nice to see, I certainly didn't expect it. Bring on an easterly now next please... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,577 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Same in Balrothery... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭bauney

Heavy Snow showers in West Mayo now :-)
    Beginning to stick to ground.
    Will post photo soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shamrock841

Snowed in cork overnight, just stayed in gardens roofs and cars though! Looks lovely and white.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Bootros Bootros

I don't see anyone getting a snowman

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭diceyd

Snowing at dublin airport

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

We (finally) have snow in Cavan. I was beginning to think someone forgot us. Not much but I'm happier now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Snowed in cork overnight, just stayed in gardens roofs and cars though! Looks lovely and white.

What part of the city? I saw nothing on the southside when passing through Rochestown, Douglas and South Ring to Bishopstown.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

334745.png

not a great pic, but you get the point!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

Happy for all those getting snow but I'm in the West (Athenry) and no sign of snow at all. Clear blue skies.
    I thought the snow was starting in the West and heading East ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

My sister has reported a light snowfall in Coolock.

I'm in Clondalkin atm, nothing here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Any update on Dublin/Wicklow mountains Sally gap area?

Kippure looked bone dry this morning, nothing at all up there yet. The Dublin mountains are certainly clear so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

My sister sent me pic of snow in Ashbourne. I'm not able to post it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Light dusting of snow in North Kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

Snow here in Derry. Took me over an hour to go just over 8 miles this morning for work, a trip that usually takes me 15 minutes.

Tried using the backroads but someone managed to block the entire road.

Turned headed back into Eglinton village, took me 25 minutes to go less that half a mile.

Absolutely shocking.

Roll on home time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Very disappointed woke up to nothing :( Galway 10 miles inland

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭davidfitz22

XSt6sSq.jpg she's grim in donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭redsky7

Not a flake in bray.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

amen wrote: »
    Happy for all those getting snow but I'm in the West (Athenry) and no sign of snow at all. Clear blue skies.
    I thought the snow was starting in the West and heading East ?

If you didn't look outside during a particular 10 minutes you probably missed it. It snowed briefly in Athlone and dissolved immediately - if I hadn't been looking out the window I'd never have known. Sun is trying to vome out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shamrock841

Ludo wrote: »
    What part of the city? I saw nothing on the southside when passing through Rochestown, Douglas and South Ring to Bishopstown.

I'm north west of the city 150m

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Mr Max wrote: »
    Will this be anything like 2010 winter ???

No Mr Max, check out the latest forecast

http://www.met.ie/forecasts/

Today
    Today will be bitterly cold with wintry showers of hail, sleet and snow in most areas. They'll be most frequent in west Munster, Connacht and Ulster. Some will be thundery with accumulations of snow in places, especially on high ground. Temperatures of just 1 to 4 degrees and fresh, gusty southwest winds.
    Tonight

Wintry showers will continue tonight with further accumulations of snow, especially over the western half of the country and in Ulster. They'll be more isolated in the east. It will become blustery or windy for a time with fresh to strong southwest winds. Lowest temperatures of -2 to +2 degrees with frost and icy patches in places.
    hr.gif

Tomorrow

Wednesday will start off mostly dry with bright or sunny spells. However it will become very windy or stormy from around noon onwards with strong to gale force, gusty southerly winds. Heavy rain will spread northeastwards and will fall as sleet or snow in places for a time. Temperatures will gradually increase and will reach between 4 and 8 degrees by early evening.

Outlook

Wednesday night will be very windy or stormy. Widespread heavy rain will clear eastwards in the early night with showers following. Very strong and gusty southerly winds will veer west to southwest in direction and will be extremely strong for a time with damaging gusts, especially in western coastal counties. Winds will gradually ease overnight, but will still be very strong in the northwest. Lowest temperatures of 0 to 2 degrees.

Thursday will be a cold, bright, blustery day with sunny spells and scattered showers of rain or hail. These will be mainly over the western half of the country. Daytime temperatures of just 2 to 5 degrees with fresh to strong, gusty southwest winds. Showers will continue on Thursday night. They'll become increasingly wintry, with some falling as snow in the west and north later in the night. Frost and icy patches will develop in places also. Lowest temperatures of -2 to +2 degrees.

Friday and Saturday will both be cold, bright days with sunny spells and scattered showers of rain, hail and sleet. There'll be some snow flurries also, mainly on high ground. Daytime temperatures will range from 2 to 6 degrees. There'll be a sharp frost at night with icy stretches on roads.

Sunday will be cold and mainly dry with sunny spells just a few wintry showers. Highest temperatures of 3 to 6 degrees with light to moderate westerly breezes.

On Sunday night, rain will spread eastwards across the country, falling as sleet for a time. It will clear overnight.

Monday will see a return to cold, bright conditions with sunny spells and scattered showers of rain or hail, these mainly in the west and north.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement