Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold snap Jan 10th onwards: Wintry Showers, Snow Accumulations for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Just saw a man walk past. Pure white all down his front and the back of him the grey his clothes actually are :pac: (Dungiven, Derry).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

The_Shotz wrote: »
    And it's stopped

That's all we will get watch,,, 😠

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭corblimey

Snowing quite heavily in Carrigtwohill, Cork now. Not sticking so far, seemed to have been mixed with hail for a while, but just snow now.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Harps wrote: »
    Donegal seems to be getting a right pasting with plenty more heavy stuff on the way looking at the radar, should be some big depths and drifts in the hills by tomorrow morning

Meanwhile it's 9C, damp and grey here in Essex :(

Barnsmore Gap has had very heavy snow, but reamins open. McGorys Brae though, a few miles down the road is blocked. Really a place for an overtaking lane, lorrys struggle there on the best of days.

Still getting occasional heavy showers in Sligo Town, but none sticking since earlier falls around10am.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Snowing on and off at powerscourt, enniskerry. Co wicklow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Frostybrew

Heavy wet snow in Glanmire, not sticking. Clap of thunder in the distance. 15m ASL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Were getting the showers in Galway but mostly hail/sleet and a light flurry after each shower...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Got very dark in Waterford for a while but.sun shining now. I haven't seen a flake of snow yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Stopped snowing in Cork City (near UCC) - it's moving east judging by the posts above.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

It's been threatening to do something serious in Tralee all day but bar 4 or 5 short flurries of very light sleet and snow, nada so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭murdig

It's been threatening to do something serious in Tralee all day but bar 4 or 5 short flurries of very light sleet and snow, nada so far.

Rumours flying that we're gonna get it tonight but I wouldn't hold my breath:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

No snow where i am in south east Kerry,Brief Hail/snow mix around 9.30 but currently sunny out,Mountains here have a good covering but nothing out of the ordinary 110m asl.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,759 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

The snow accumulation risk at low ground is a good 20 or so miles at least inland from the west coast. That's the problem with an onshore breeze across thousands of miles of ocean.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 DreaminOnAStar

Flip I'm not allowed post pictures because I'm a new user.
    Reporting from Sligo where there were blizzard like conditions for a while.
    So beautiful - I wish you could see my photos :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

I'm starting to think that Cork's Snow Shield blew up to Dublin during last years storms!!! :(:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 32 tegerman

Limerick's snow shield still functioning. Nothing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Steven81

Snowing in Athlone, just got thunder too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

An enlarging and intensifying area of precip is currently heading for counties Meath and Louth....perhaps a bit further south if it keeps developing. With temps in these counties generally around 1 or 2c with no precip at present, I think these 2 counties in particular could be if for some fairly nasty conditions in a short while. This is assuming that the current track and intensity does not change or diminish

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

Thunder snow and hail now in moate, westmeath

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

You need 50 posts to posts links or attachments - blame the trolls and spammers :mad:
    I'll post them for you if you want - I'll PM an email address or you can wait til you reach 50 posts :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

The snow accumulation risk at low ground is a good 20 or so miles at least inland from the west coast. That's the problem with an onshore breeze across thousands of miles of ocean.

What if your at the end of a narrow bay like clew bay or Galway bay? Surely you wouldnt have to be 20miles inland from the end of Galway bay?
    I noticed a 2C drop driving 6 miles inland from Oranmore this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

This fell in the last 20 min. Before this nada.... Check out behind the house!!

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Frostybrew

Stopped in Glanmire. What meagre amount settled has already melted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭josip

You're only 5 posts away from being able.
    5 more relevant posts today on the snow and you can :)

Post count based restrictions
    As an anti-spam measure, certain options are limited to a minimum number of posts,

Signatures: 50
    Posting a link: 50 posts and signed up for 10 days or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,362 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

THUNDERSNOW!!!!!

Athlone!

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

http://www.raintoday.co.uk/
    some heavy stuff on the way in... watch out Sligo!!:eek:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

north meath and Louth could be in for another beefy shower, here in south Meath it's been almost unbroken sunshine since 9am this morning, similar conditions over Dublin as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Looking like another big shower to hit us here in north meath in a bit, no thaw since the shower around 11.30, so it could be a nice top up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

Looking at that on raintoday we may finally get some here in Dublin. I hope so anyway !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭davehey79

getting a good pasting now in Longford Town. Was fairly poor visibility on the drive back to work at lunch on the Athlone Road

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement