Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold snap Jan 10th onwards: Wintry Showers, Snow Accumulations for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Snowing heavy in Galway now :D

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Is tonight looking any more promising?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,759 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

That's as perfect for the east coast (Dublin rather) wind direction wise as we can get in this setup. Wouldn't be surprised to see a small covering tonight before the "storm" tomorrow. Some big showers gathering now off the west coast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Snowing heavy in Galway now :D

It sure is - and starting to settle as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Drat! The dogs hear d that thunder and so did ...I was about to comment that the now did not seem to be happening here but we now have a near horizontal white out that is starting to stick.. proper snow this time.... what a sight racing past the window..Huge flakes..mesmerising,, South Kerry mountains

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭twinkletoes

Trogdor wrote: »
    The deep convection hasn't had time to cross the country yet really, on the latest satellite image (with my crude drawing on top) you can see it hasn't reached the east/south-east yet.
    Wgk8ErQ.png

Also winds are to change to slightly more Westerly rather than South-Westerly over the next few hours which should be a bit more favourable for Eastern locations too. Wouldn't give up hope just yet.

TiP3fs2.png

Thank you Trogdor-Bringer of hope for the South East!... which has blue skies at mo!

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭wingsof daun

The girlfriend is coming into letterkenny from drumkeen for college, are the roads ok?

There is a grip on snow, it's okay until it freezes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

I'd say the shower currently over Offaly could be headed for Dublin in about an hours time.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,759 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

davidsr20 wrote: »
    Is tonight looking any more promising?

The showers will continue overnight but if anything could be more widespread. Biggest amounts will be in the west of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Viability down to almost nothing here now.

New Moon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Longboard

Woken (working nights) by a rumble thunder followed by heavy hail banging the roof down here in West Cork.

d5PlGbV.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    Viability down to almost nothing here now.

How viable is the snow :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭AnotherYear

At 12pm my pathway was clear. We had about a inch on the grass. Now we have 3inches on the pathway and its still snowing. 40m asl so hills will be pasted. Donegal

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭FunkSoulSista

Kermit and Trogdor, I love you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Lightly snowing in north cork. very very dark so hoping it will get a bit heavier.

now a small blizzard..

i can see the clearance in the distance already. oh well nice to see if short lived

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Proper snow now in galway yay!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

Might it be worth mementioning that if people are uploading pics taken on phones as attachments to downsize them before uploading?
    Lots of brilliant pics posted but some 2 - 3mb in size can take forever to show if browsing with a poor mobile connection.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭budweiser6

Snowing in Limerick and bitter cold - sticking - pics to follow! yay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

not jealous at all ;(

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭dermiek

Hooter23 wrote: »
    Proper snow now in galway yay!

Pics or it didn't happen.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Does anyone know what the roads are like in Galway City? Trying to see if I should stay in for my 6pm lecture or go home now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭sjb25

hollster2 wrote: »
    not jealous at all ;(

Me neither as the sun shines in the window here in Wexford :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭sjb25

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the roads are like in Galway City? Trying to see if I should stay in for my 6pm lecture or go home now.

Go home enjoy the snow we will write you a note :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Longboard wrote: »
    Woken (working nights) by a rumble thunder followed by heavy hail banging the roof down here in West Cork.

d5PlGbV.jpg

Raining money - turn that brolly upside down! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34 kmoneill

nice covering of snow here n currow co.kerry(140m asl) .woke up too it this morn and couple of heavy showers during the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

sjb25 wrote: »
    Me neither as the sun shines in the window here in Wexford :(
    Its same here I may get the fake stuff out from christmas haha but really hope we get some tonight!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

CTYIgirl wrote: »

They're ok in town but tricky enough on the outskirts - I had a few moments driving in from Moycullen during that last heavy shower

• Registered Users Posts: 24,192 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The question is, do these bands have the juice to make it through to east and south east Leinster?

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭Ahorseofaman

quite heavy snow now in North Cork

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭LordNorbury

Larbre34 wrote: »
    The question is, do these bands have the juice to make it through to east and south east Leinster?

I've a funny feeling we'll see some thing tonight maybe...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement