Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold snap Jan 10th onwards: Wintry Showers, Snow Accumulations for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭elecktras weather bomb

sky is very dark here in Maynooth . hopefully this shower has more intensity than the last two. lovely jubbly.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭ComaWhite

tumblr_ni4evwvFX11qa16vbo1_1280.jpg

Been snowing all day on and off here, this doesn't bode well for tomorrows driving lesson :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭Baggy Trousers

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the roads are like in Galway City? Trying to see if I should stay in for my 6pm lecture or go home now.

They're grand if there is any traffic on them at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Strong Life in Dublin

Heavy snow in Meath

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

ComaWhite wrote: »
    tumblr_ni4evwvFX11qa16vbo1_1280.jpg

Been snowing all day on and off here, this doesn't bode well for tomorrows driving lesson :/

Oh? Why?

You'll be out with a professional and will be taught properly how to drive in such conditions. A valuable lesson.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Dark Skies North of Naas

• Registered Users Posts: 5,932 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Gardaí say the M6 is treacherous near Loughrea, numerous accidents on it asking people to slow down

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

sky is very dark here in Maynooth . hopefully this shower has more intensity than the last two. lovely jubbly.
    I'm in leixlip waiting for you to tell me about the snowy goodness that on the way to me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

OHHHH more heading for cork city and it looks juicy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

pad199207 wrote: »
    Dark Skies North of Naas

They are the ones heading for Dublin, push them along gently, hope they don't break up but they are looking strong for a little snow shower :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭ComaWhite

Tactical wrote: »
    Oh? Why?

You'll be out with a professional and will be taught properly how to drive in such conditions. A valuable lesson.

That's what I keep telling myself, but I'm really dying on the inside of sheer terror. I'm your standard nervous driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

looks like it is breaking up as it heads towards Dublin??

• Registered Users Posts: 24,192 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Gardaí say the M6 is treacherous near Loughrea, numerous accidents on it asking people to slow down

I'm so glad we pay such exhorbitant tolls to fund the proper winter maintenance of these vital economic links.

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

What happened to waterford :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Shane O' Malley

Larbre34 wrote: »
    I'm so glad we pay such exhorbitant tolls to fund the proper winter maintenance of these vital economic links.

:rolleyes:

What? Cars could not slow down in dangerous weather?

No point clearing slow when it is snowing....

ComaWhite wrote: »
    That's what I keep telling myself, but I'm really dying on the inside of sheer terror. I'm your standard nervous driver.

Caution is good.

You'll learn the correct way to drive in the conditions you experience. I'd fully expect that you'll be nervous but your instructorsis not going to put you in a situation you can't handle :)

Good luck with the lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭elecktras weather bomb

I'm in leixlip waiting for you to tell me about the snowy goodness that on the way to me :)

its here and worth the wait off to get some pics . thundering down .blizzard like conditions

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Reckless Abandonment

looks like it is breaking up as it heads towards Dublin??
    yeah. Really losing intensity just before it gets here. But it is getting closer than it was, bodes well for later

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

What happened to waterford :(

1440 West Munster

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Its incoming to Newbridge now ( Athgarvan Side )

MxjGDE.png

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Hate to point this out but this has appeared on met...Under the orange warnings....will surely destroy any snow?. STATUS YELLOW

Rainfall Warning for Connacht, Donegal, Clare, Cork, Kerry and Limerick
    Heavy showers on Tuesday night will be followed by heavy rain on Wednesday afternoon and evening. The rain will start to clear early on Wednesday night. Rainfall totals of 25 to 35 mm are expected.

Issued:Tuesday 13 January 2015 09:00
    Valid:Tuesday 13 January 2015 23:00 to Wednesday 14 January 2015 23:00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭LordNorbury

yeah. Really losing intensity just before it gets here. But it is getting closer than it was, bodes well for later

There looks to be a lump of precip on the way to Dublin that might hit within the hour?

334821.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Clouds beginning to darken in Dublin CC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

Snow in Leixlip!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Graces7 wrote: »
    Hate to point this out but this has appeared on met...Under the orange warnings....will surely destroy any snow?. STATUS YELLOW

Heavy showers on Tuesday night will be followed by heavy rain on Wednesday afternoon and evening. The rain will start to clear early on Wednesday night. Rainfall totals of 25 to 35 mm are expected.

i presume they mean the combination of wintry showers tonight and the rain for tomorrow rather than meaning all rain tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Graces7 wrote: »

Yes that was expected Graces7, all eyes on max gusts from this time tomorrow. Still pretty chilly after the wind though with potential for even colder weather next week. Keep safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭hats199

Obligatory car driving along with 4 inches of snow on the roof.....WHERE DID YOU COME FROM

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Heavy Snow Shower and it's gotten very dark, at Julianstown Co. Meath in the last 5 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

starting in Naas now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement