Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold snap Jan 10th onwards: Wintry Showers, Snow Accumulations for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Some light snow in Carlow town now

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

looks like south Dublin getting more snow than was expected

• Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Prolonged snow shower here in West Limerick.

Smow today, storm tomorrow. Didn't know you could have this much fun with your clothes on :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Another heavy snowfall in S Sligo - getting a good covering now - one of the dogs lost her tennis ball (or should I say snowball) as it blended in to the landscape! And it's gotten very cold but hasn't raised much above zero all day, one below now on the barometer.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Snow stopped, but temperature remaining at 0.0c and another band of precipitation on the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭AnotherYear

Still snowing in Donegal 40m asl. definitely more than was forecast. Close to 5 inches in my garden

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Light snow has returned to my part of south Dublin. 1.2c DP -0.4c atm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

Gone very white here in the Cratloe area of Clare, have to drive to Kilfenora later on, anyone heard any reports around North Clare ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Light snow has returned to my part of south Dublin. 1.2c DP -0.4c atm.

The area heading in from the west has enlarged a bit on its northern side so I think a lot more of the south Dublin suburbs will get more snow very soon. If the M50 has not been gritted, some of the infamous slip roads could become nasty as temps will be falling away quickly now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭mhiggy09

Good bit of lying snow here all day. South cavan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭hadepsx

Really heavy snow in carlow town here. Sticking/ laying too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭Frostybrew

Still snowing in Donegal 40m asl. definitely more than was forecast. Close to 5 inches in my garden

Wow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭LordNorbury

Any reports of snowfall from up around the Military Rd, Dublin Mountains area?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,834 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lepoardstown taking another hammering with another windy snow shower. just now. Showers are coming strong but not lasting long.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Very light snow in tallaght now but real dark clouds behind it so here's hoping for massive drop of snow :)

diceyd wrote: »
    Sky gone black in finglas

that tends to happen when the sun sets alright!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭KingdomRushed

To my eyes the showers aren't holding together in any meaningful way that would threaten Dublin with anything of major interest. I can't see that changing overnight. Bonanza for northwest for sure though

• Registered Users Posts: 3,035 ✭✭✭redsteveireland

Large areas of precipitation still making their way in off the west, I am determined to get some lying snow today.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,134 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Longford at the moment:
    10404255_938662972811056_3095711420949376455_n.jpg?oh=ea0d18066a21cda89a8a62054be8b595&oe=5564C462&__gda__=1428794586_6f74bd65cc228b7721795992dbcf937d

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Light sleaty - snow waterford nothing major :(

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Some very dark ominous looking clouds coming over the Wicklow mts heading for N. Wicklow.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

Started snowing again in D6! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

Southern suburbs of Dublin look like they are taking a hammering from an increasingly heavy snow shower which is moving into the area.

Anyone from the area able to confirm if this is the case, Docarch perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭hats199

To the person driving to north Clare, I'm not sure if the Burren is north Clare but I can see it's coated in snow from across the bay in Galway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Pelting down here now, place gone white. Will gone in a few minutes though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

highdef wrote: »
    Southern suburbs of Dublin look like they are taking a hammering from an increasingly heavy snow shower which is moving into the area.

Anyone from the area able to confirm if this is the case, Docarch perhaps?

Yeah place is white here with heavy snow!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Snowing and sticking around D18 the last hour. Traffic already very heavy as people try and get out of the industrial Estate in Sandyford early. Secondary roads very slippery - was great fun just now coming into my estate as it's downhill.....

Please send some lovely snowy goodness to Wexford.

Please!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Radar shows everything hitting cork breaking up just before waterford :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement