Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold snap Jan 10th onwards: Wintry Showers, Snow Accumulations for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

highdef wrote: »
    Southern suburbs of Dublin look like they are taking a hammering from an increasingly heavy snow shower which is moving into the area.

Anyone from the area able to confirm if this is the case, Docarch perhaps?

Heavy enough right now highdef, how long it stays falling is the question..... I currently don't have access to good radar at the moment but it is starting to settle :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

highdef wrote: »
    Southern suburbs of Dublin look like they are taking a hammering from an increasingly heavy snow shower which is moving into the area.

Anyone from the area able to confirm if this is the case, Docarch perhaps?

Proper heavy snow falling here now, the likes of which I have not seen since 2010. Everything (including roads) dusted white. Not sure how long it will last.

1.1c DP -0.3c atm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

3c & Clear here in Clontarf. Looks black across the bay in the Mts.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Looks black across the bay in the Mts.

Funny that....it's white here! ;)

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Funny that....it's white here! ;)

So nice to see it again :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

hadepsx wrote: »
    Really heavy snow in carlow town here. Sticking/ laying too :)
    im in tinahely it better be on its way huge black clouds just over the mountains excited isnt the word:D

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭wicklowdub

Hard to tell but it looks like the thicker band of what dublin is getting will hit Wicklow in the next half hour, unless the Wicklow mts takes it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Snow in Carlow from the Atlantic, that is a rare feat

16085103408_a74deff0ec_b.jpgatalantic snow

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

kittyn wrote: »
    So nice to see it again :)

If you're sitting in the house/office looking out at it .. yes :)

If you're coming downhill with the traction control going like mad and sliding while you try to avoid an insurance claim by not running into the car struggling to get up that hill... not so much! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Rougies wrote: »
    Pelting down here now, place gone white. Will gone in a few minutes though :(

Annnnnd it's gone. Was nice to see for the 15 mins it lasted :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Just received an update from the weather radar here in work (private not public) and it looks as if N.Cork/Limerick will see heavy snow at times this evening and tonight :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Next band 5-10mins from here and there is a temperature of 0.6c here. Considerint the last band started at 1.7c, I'd say it will be a little better this time

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    If you're sitting in the house/office looking out at it .. yes :)

If you're coming downhill with the traction control going like mad and sliding while you try to avoid an insurance claim by not running into the car struggling to get up that hill... not so much! :(

Sitting in an office yes but that office is my car lol

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭JonnyM

Light snow in bray now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

Villain wrote: »

16085103408_a74deff0ec_b.jpgatalantic snow
    omg its coming whopppppp

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭vizualpics

I hope this ends the debate about the east coast never getting any snow from the West!

vizualpics wrote: »
    I hope this ends the debate about the east coast never getting any decent snow from the West!

No, not really :P

About to touch down in Greystones, Sugar Loaf has disappeared

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭dacogawa

Getting flaky in D4...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I could sit all day and look out the window at this and this was 3 hours ago, a good 2 more inches since then. East Donegal @140m asl

6NMBet.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Really nice heavy shower in Limerick a few mins ago but it hasn't stuck to anything except cars as the roads are too wet.

Rougies wrote: »
    Annnnnd it's gone. Was nice to see for the 15 mins it lasted :)

Yip...last of the snowflakes falling here for now...I can see blue/clear sky to my west.

Nice while it lasted. It has plastered the place white (temporarily). I really was not expecting that today.

0.8c DP -0.4c atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eastmayo

A snowy mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭murdig

Hailstone is severe in Tralee, can barely hear anything!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭LordNorbury

Listening to the radio here, people crashing everywhere now in the rush home, Kilmessan and Dunsaughlin mentioned.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Light snow here in NW Cork. 198m ASL

http://www.dublincity.ie/dublintraffic/

You can see the snow on the southern m50 cams now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,427 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Just tapering off here now, nice (albeit temporary) covering here at the moment. Glad I'm not driving the evening rush hour in that.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Villain wrote: »

Strange to see the hills in Killeshin covered in snow but not one flake on Mt Leinster.

• Advertisement

Its like watching fog approaching, first few flakes falling now in Greystones - from the Atlantic !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement