Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold snap Jan 10th onwards: Wintry Showers, Snow Accumulations for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭glossy

Don't think D15, going to be so lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,192 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

The fupping showers that hit south Dublin could literally not have timed it any better/worse to cause disruption.

Going to kill an hour in Cornelscourt and wait...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

thats where the lamp post comes in handy..

Never as good, and as Im just outside a town, there is no street lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,759 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Important to note that a lot of what falls from now on is going to lie so do be careful. Roads will get icy quickly. Nice looking trough line coming in to the west. Could pep things up in the next couple of hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭logically

I've seen more snow today on the suit jackets of my dandruff afflicted work colleagues.

• Advertisement

Are you serious? The one time is big shower is in the path of my house, the wind decides, No! We will be southwesterly now.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Nada in Dublin 9 atm.

Need to go to Shannon Thursday though, my life would be facilitated if we were back to nice temperatures like 11 and 12 degrees for that day at least. Can snow all weekend if it likes,.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭gugsy

dacogawa wrote:
    Anyone in Galway getting much snow from that?

yes but not sticking. lovely to have it all the same

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

noticing that dublin is between two fronts. is it not usually like that as well when the snow is coming the other way. its usually called the isle of man shadow... am i correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Julabo

dacogawa wrote: »
    That one just coming over Galway bay looks nice & plump, could head for Dublin too (don't break up!)

Anyone in Galway getting much snow from that?

In Salthill, Galway. Had some snow earlier around 14.30 for 30 mins or so. That is all the snow all day so far.

Plenty of heavy hail stone showers though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Julabo wrote: »
    In Salthill, Galway. Had some snow earlier around 14.30 for 30 mins or so. That is all the snow all day so far.

Plenty of heavy hail stone showers though.
    It's been snowing pretty heavily for the last 15mins in the city

At the moment, Met Eireann has 5 warnings on their page! Not all are valid atm, but I never seen as many. (2 orange warnings, 3 yellow)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,509 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Xenji wrote: »
    Heavy snow in Castlebar again now.

whats the roads like?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

3 inches in stepaside

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

irishgeo wrote: »
    whats the roads like?

Have not been out on them today, but some accumulations now on the roads around the mall and out the Newport road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    noticing that dublin is between two fronts. is it not usually like that as well when the snow is coming the other way. its usually called the isle of man shadow... am i correct?

The showers are pure random where they hit at the moment so it just looks like that. You're right about the much feared IOM shadow in easterlies though, Calibos can tell you all about it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭CorsetIsTight

TheTorment wrote: »
    Is Wexford the only county with no snow?

None in South-East Kilkenny either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Place has turned white again with hail & snow.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

is that early or later tonight?
    From what I remember 8 tonight and about 3am for Limerick and ourselves in N.Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I know it's still early yet... and i know SOME places in Dublin are now just getting it.
    But I still find it weird that generally Dublin doesnt get snow :p Ireland is not that big.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

Pelting down when I left Carrickmines 40 minutes ago. Eased off to nothing past Stillorgan and D4 is clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Snow earlier this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Snow earlier this morning.

Your video is set to private.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Just driven from enniskerry to greystones. Couldnt see the roads in enniskerry and visibilty very poor. Sugarloaf looks very white and blizzard like on n11 through glen of the downs. Snow all the way from edge of dublin mountains to see level in greystones but snow in greystones (charlesland) is no where near as thick as enniskerry or parts of n11

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

Is anyone in bray? I saw a post on journal it's snowing there. I'm suppose to be heading there but worried about driving in snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭pad199207

Starting to Snow in Naas again

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Another Impressive thunderstorm here in Donegal.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭redsky7

Sala wrote: »
    Is anyone in bray? I saw a post on journal it's snowing there. I'm suppose to be heading there but worried about driving in snow.

I am, no snow it's all either melted or been washed away but the roads were snowy til the top of the hill coming into bray roughly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Sala

redsky7 wrote: »
    I am, no snow it's all either melted or been washed away but the roads were snowy til the top of the hill coming into bray roughly.

Thanks I'll be coming in from dublin on n11, then through the roundabout. The roads there are so busy I figured they be ok, getting home is the worry!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Good bit of snow in Kilmacanogue there in the last hour. Stopped now

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement