Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold snap Jan 10th onwards: Wintry Showers, Snow Accumulations for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Alot of faults up along the west cause by lightning

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭shmaupel

A lot of rolling thunder out over Donegal Bay atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

shmaupel wrote: »
    A lot of rolling thunder out over Donegal Bay atm.

I don't care about Garth brooks just tell me bout the snow

Il get me coat

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

I'd say that's probably it for the Dublin area this time round. A number of showers have begun to fizzle out as they cross the country. Here's hoping I'm wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭whatever76

Living in Sandyford Dublin and need to get to town by 8 in morning via car - what are the predictions for overnight in Dublin at this point ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭hotwhiskey

Just a few pics of snow from the last shower which as just ended.

anb8nc_3pV32LTWdYVG_cXFkqdDMEAUVUJaDzcQNgg=w369-h207-p-no

w1IdFt7zSJp_3hEUxWCtaP0jfVMSvhqe2AhSkbHjzg=w396-h221-p-no

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Great snowfall in Sandyford, Dublin 18. Very heavy. Managed to get home to Dublin 10, where there's not a drop of snow. Still managed to have a mini snowball fight with my daughter from the snow left on my car! If the snow doesn't reach here, I'll bring it anyway I can haha :-)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I hope we get a lot more of the stuff!

sIFabaV.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

After ten flashes of lightening and loud bangs here in SW Donegal. Great weather so it is :D

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Blizzard like conditions here at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

that shower didnt even make it this far, it's broken up completely. That's it for this round for the east. Most places got a bare dusting but a few places like south dublin and north Meath had a decent shower or two.

Next weekend sees it turning cold again after tomorrow, I don't expect much other than more wintry showers mainly in the west and north but there is hopefull signs that things may turn more easterly early next week, hopefully something will work out for the snow starved east coast!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Pangea wrote: »
    After ten flashes of lightening and loud bangs here in SW Donegal. Great weather so it is :D

Seeing nor hearing any of this in Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

Eh? Is that it then? Ive been getting all excited, go the Land Rover ready to go snow searching in Louth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

Actually think I might cry... Clondalkin got a few specks that's it.... That's what we get for hosting the water protest marches ... Leinster house must have activated the snow shield

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10 DazHeath

Hope we get snow.

Finally proper snow falling now and lying. All white already. Hooray :D

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭RuthieRose

Pangea wrote: »
    Finally proper snow falling now and lying. All white already. Hooray :D

Where are you?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Donegal and Sligo covered in huge snow showers. Decent amount of showers into Cork, Kerry and Mayo as well. Everything east of the river Shannon is looking a very sad state of affairs indeed:(

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Mooro

Big dump of snow in Tullamore about an hour ago. How do I post a pic?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Cornilius

Those showers all afternoon seem to stay well intact till Mulingar and then all of a sudden die a death. Hoping for an easterly next week :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Not really gonzo inch or two of snow in Dublin 18.
    Gonzo wrote: »
    Donegal and Sligo covered in huge snow showers. Decent amount of showers into Cork, Kerry and Mayo as well. Everything east of the river Shannon is looking a very sad state of affairs indeed:(

• Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭downwiththatsor

Snowing now at last, not crazy heavy or anything but nice to see it falling and hopefully a few heavier showers to come, was light hail showers blowing through very quickly on the wind all day but this is proper snow finally :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Aircraft Freak

Not a screed here in north Wicklow, hasn't snowed since 4:30, just glassy ice on the roads now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Gonzo wrote: »

This was more or less expected though, it'll all be over by tomorrow afternoon anyway.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

Donegal should have mountains of snow by morning. Like a constant conveyor belt of snow up there looking at the radar

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Snow falling slow and steady in Castlebar, nothing heavy but it is persistent and has given us a good covering again now.

RuthieRose wrote: »
    Where are you?

SW Donegal, stopped now though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,842 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    This was more or less expected though, it'll all be over by tomorrow afternoon anyway.

there might be more snow on Thursday night to all levels, but it won't probably stick at lower levels this time

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Crimsonforce

Nothing on the north side.must be afraid to come over here

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Takeshi_Kovacs

Bit of thunder snow down here in Kerry at the moment

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement