Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold snap Jan 10th onwards: Wintry Showers, Snow Accumulations for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Good heavy shower of snow in Tralee now and it's sticking too!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Estate had a light dusting about an hour ago, watching the lamppost, it just looked like grapple. Looked out window just now, theres at least an inch on the ground. Gonna be fun clearing the car and driving to work early tomorrow.

Sligo.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭murdig

Good heavy shower of snow in Tralee now and it's sticking too!

THANK GOD:D Will upload pics myself soon, were meant to get a heavy snow shower soon enough so will hold off til then:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Castlebar, nearly the same as a picture I took this time last year, roads getting dangerous out there now as well.

24fgpea.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Really coming down in cork city!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Nice one! was only around the mall myself a while ago. roads are very slippy around town now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

Is there any chance west wicklow will get any snow tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Bucketing down in Limerick now and sticking at last. Thank you Snowy Christ for the perfect excuse to work from home tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Nice one! was only around the mall myself a while ago. roads are very slippy around town now.

Cork city?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,842 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Pangea wrote: »
    After ten flashes of lightening and loud bangs here in SW Donegal. Great weather so it is :D

giphy.gif

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQsy65BrvnE48N2FlULC6OsTRXrMLjKM23Zn3fes7uZf9qlOTb5

senor pangea's face after tonights thunder and lightning, and his cat enjoying the snow earlier

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

DarkJager wrote: »
    Bucketing down in Limerick now and sticking at last. Thank you Snowy Christ for the perfect excuse to work from home tomorrow :D

looking good from here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Castlebar . my mistake munster legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭CB19Kevo

First proper snow at my location in south east kerry for this event,Light enough but has turned everything white.
    Started 15 minutes ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Castlebar . my mistake munster legend.

Thought you were up mayo alright! The mall is well known in cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Today's snow reminds me of late Dec 2009 where we got a lot of falling stuff over a day and night and much more in the northwest than the east. The exception being that it was severely cold up to a week before and the snow lay for a couple of weeks -
    Is there any chamce this impending storm will carry snow instead of rain the NW?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭SimonLynch

hollster2 wrote: »
    Is there any chance west wicklow will get any snow tonight?

I'll be staying off the Brittas to Firhouse road if there is, drove over it this evening and with a bit of snow there were drivers not making it down the steep gradient to Ballinascorney. Going the other way was OK but slow and safe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

leahyl wrote: »
    Really coming down in cork city!!

Just drove up around Hollyhill & Gurranabraher - the flurries got thicker and thicker - I had forgotten how mesmerisingly beautiful snow can be :)

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭outsourced_ire

Ballincollig in Cork - a nice dusting

11j6mw9.jpg

Pretzill wrote: »
    Today's snow reminds me of late Dec 2009 where we got a lot of falling stuff over a day and night and much more in the northwest than the east. The exception being that it was severely cold up to a week before and the snow lay for a couple of weeks -
    Is there any chamce this impending storm will carry snow instead of rain the NW?

perhaps it will fall as snow briefly, before turning back to rain fairly quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Between 4 and 5 inches here now, heavy shower right now, is this to continue until the storm arrives tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Sticking in Limerick as per others. Not great photo but proof nonetheless...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

*squeal* snow snow!!!!! Beautiful snow here in cork city!!!! My withdrawals are over

Between 4 and 5 inches here now, heavy shower right now, is this to continue until the storm arrives tomorrow?

they'll die out by early tomorrow morning in most places.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Aircraft Freak

SimonLynch wrote: »
    I'll be staying off the Brittas to Firhouse road if there is, drove over it this evening and with a bit of snow there were drivers not making it down the steep gradient to Ballinascorney. Going the other way was OK but slow and safe.

Hopefully the N81 is ok, was fairly dodgy driving home this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭MidMan25

Proper snow in Midleton, East Cork as well
    😊 finally settling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Missymoohaa

Anyone got a link to the radar?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Limerick snow

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭Steopo

Not long back from Cork to Dublin on M8/M7. Looks like everywhere as far as Kildare got some kind of shower today. Cork as far as Fermoy had light covering after some heavy enough showers in parts of Cork, very little from Fermoy to Cahir/Cashel (apart from a few higher spots), heavy shower from Cashel to Portlaosie with good covering, overtaking lane was completely white but a few snowploughs out clearing it, from Portlaosise to Kildare gradually thinned out & then no snow visible from Naas through Dublin. Temp on carry +1 to -1, coldest in Midlands

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭acassells80

On the radar on netweather it looks like we should have snow here in South Dubkin but we have none

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭TheRedDevil10

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement