Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold snap Jan 10th onwards: Wintry Showers, Snow Accumulations for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,032 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

leahyl wrote: »
    Still mad snowing on northside of cork city :-) better than I ever expected!

It's all nice now but getting to work in the morning will an absolute laugh altogether. :( anyone got a Sherpa handy ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭patneve2

Many will be surprised by heavy snow tomorrow before a transition to rain (mostly west and north of the country)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

DSC_0075.jpg

East Clare just now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

DSC_0075.jpg

East Clare just now

so jealous:(

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭murdig

hollster2 wrote: »
    so jealous:(

Pass some of that over to North Kerry:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,186 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

patneve2 wrote: »
    Many will be surprised by heavy snow tomorrow before a transition to rain (mostly west and north of the country)

Which charts are you relying on for that? MEt Eireann only seem to think
    up the northwest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

I tried blowing it your direction with the hairdryer but it didn't quite work out :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 missfarmer

Snow thunderstorm here in north west cork 1/2 hour ago

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

@ Tashiusclay, yep heard a very similar story with one resident in moneen in which phone sockets were blowing off the wall etc etc from the same storm around 1130 am. I knew it was close as lights dimmed and internet went out and instant thunder. More damage from lightning around 7:15pm also with power gone in the turlough road and knockaphunta areas

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Blizzard like conditions in cork city - now how am I going to get to work tomorrow...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭Tactical

Blizzard like conditions in cork city - now how am I going to get to work tomorrow...

Ring in sick and enjoy the day.

Its not often the Cork snow shield fails ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 22 GreyRock Lass

Snowing in North Clare ;) and yes it's sticking!!!
    Tempted to wake the kids up as it may not happen again for a loonnng time!

West Limerick

120mtrs asl

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Plenty of cells out west but these will only affect western coastal countries, alot of lightning up along out western seaboard today

• Registered Users Posts: 40,032 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Ah ha it's all change now isint it. Back garden now.

Northside cork City.

Hmmm.....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

I demand an independent investigation into what caused the Snow Cork shield to fail :p

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Burts Bee

Middle of blizzard. Ahem. Cork suburbs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

Villain wrote: »
    I demand an independent investigation into what caused the Snow Cork shield to fail :p

Me too and why it was thrown over wicklow lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭carltonleon

So so so disappointing here in Dublin, haven't seen a snowflake all day. :(:(
    Nothing happening at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Went to Kilkee (west clare)for a visit this evening. While there some very heavy snow began to fall and on the journey home the roads were treacherous.

ATM the temperture has risen to 0.2c and my weather station is forecasting heavy snow.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Northern Chaser

Really heavy snow here in south derry. I cant imagine what the far north west must be like with those conditions all day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

There seems to be a particularly nasty cell popping up just off the north Kerry coast and heading ENE on the latest radar.

New Moon

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Work car park earlier!

334910.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭hats199

Thunder, lightening and beautiful lamppost snow in Salthill

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Villain wrote: »

It took a trip up to N. Dublin for the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭Slashermcguirk

What part of Dublin? Quite a lot on the south side, haven't been up the north side today.
    So so so disappointing here in Dublin, haven't seen a snowflake all day. :(:(
    Nothing happening at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Ark rose glenn

Not a drop of snow all day in Dublin ... Well the part of Dublin I'm from didn't anyway.. A few flakes that lasted about 1 minute earlier today and that's all . Not a drop since ... Cold with clear sky's all day and still the same .... 😭😭 lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Really heavy snow here in south derry. I cant imagine what the far north west must be like with those conditions all day

According to someone on my Facebook feed there's about 30cm in the hills in Donegal and that was 4 hours ago. No pic for proof but considering the NW has been under moderate to heavy precip all day I wouldn't say it's far off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Can you westerners send some of that snow over my way in tallaght please
    Really appreciate it. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement