Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold snap Jan 10th onwards: Wintry Showers, Snow Accumulations for some

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Schadenfreudia

According to the weather underground radar there seems to be a fairly heavy snow shower falling over (Dublin) city centre...anyone down there?

http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

A couple more hours of snow showers then its all eyes on herself out west....

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

Snow shower in Limerick again which looks to be the last decent one looking at the radar

Getting heavier as I speak

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭MissMoc

A Nice heavy shower in Tullamore - adding to inch that stayed since 16.00, very happy snow lover

A couple more hours of snow showers then its all eyes on herself out west....

A very stupid question....how do you post photos to this thread? :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭mickc

What are the chances the snow will last until morning in the Galway area?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,160 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Just use the attachments option when you go to reply to a question!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

A great photo taken in Sligo today.

https://i.imgur.com/ApNHWvv.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Strangegravy

Really heavy snow again here in east Limerick for the last half hour, too cosy in bed looking out at it to take a picture. See my earlier pictures, and then add an inch or two with your imagination! :)

My pics seem way too big...it refuses to upload them! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

ALready been out having a ball in the snow, testing my winter tyres properly in a carpark, having a great snowball fight with a large crowd of UL students, and just enjoying driving in the quiet conditions being the first person to drive along a particular road. Feels like being at the end of the earth. I love it!

Yep, still snowing here in Castletroy, Limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Getting worse here in Galway. Very deep now.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,907 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

im still amazed at how these massive showers can stay intact all the way to Offaly and Westmeath then disappear into nothing by the time they hit Meath and Kildare.

Shame this does not happen all year around or else the east would be a fantastic dry and sunny place to be!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Hooter23

Still just wet in galway city :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Snow fall has just stopped again in Sligo. Estate is totally blanketed, and with another shower or two predicted before the morning rush, it could be a fun start to the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Strangegravy

Ok... Just one for the road!

31FDBD7B3A1B4469AD4BCE7F5424CBA0-0000341756-0003716287-00500L-9B70751E8C424315BC328FCB32DBE651.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Cornilius

Gonzo wrote: »
    im still amazed at how these massive showers can stay intact all the way to Offaly and Westmeath then disappear into nothing by the time they hit Meath and Kildare.

Shame this does not happen all year around or else the east would be a fantastic dry and sunny place to be!

I feel your pain. Mullingar, Tullamore and Portlaois are getting hammered all day and once they cross the border they just disappear. I don't understand it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Im hoping for some more of the white gold tonight when Im tucked into my bed !

Been a great day for weather watching and congrats to those who got lashings of the white gold :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

In the summer they get their energy from the land. In winter they get their energy from the sea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,170 ✭✭✭WheatenBriar

They lose their energy over cold dry land especially with so little daylight at this time of year,it's the Midlands that are the cut off point,natures wonderful like that

Bitter here in Arklow now,hitting -2c despite the wind and no snow cover,ground is solid
    Tomorrows storm would be even more interesting if engaging with a Scandinavian flow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

That heavy shower a while ago. :D
    2015-01-13 23.47.32.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Popoutman wrote: »
    ALready been out having a ball in the snow, testing my winter tyres properly in a carpark, having a great snowball fight with a large crowd of UL students, and just enjoying driving in the quiet conditions being the first person to drive along a particular road. Feels like being at the end of the earth. I love it!

Yep, still snowing here in Castletroy, Limerick

In Cois Ghruda here. Can see some of the cars, in the morning, skidding trying to drive up the hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Uhh why cant is snow here!!!!! Its been 3 hours!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭delw

Watch the rain make it all the way tomorrow :P

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭fattymuatty

Just sent himself out with a ruler to see how much we have here in loughrea. 2 inches and it's still snowing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,343 ✭✭✭red_bairn

Just sent himself out with a ruler to see how much we have here in loughrea. 2 inches and it's still snowing 

I read that as "...and it's still growing." My mind. Jaysus.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

jumping-cat-lands-in-snow-drift.gif

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭ComaWhite

Just about to turn in when an almighty flash of lightning lit up the room, can't tell exactly what direction but there have been two in two minutes. Seem to be coming from the Derry direction, at least, that's the direction that my bedroom window faces.

No street lamps to watch on Inch Island, so the skylight will have to do :)

And another flash, great stuff altogether :)

Just checked the maps, it's coming from the northwest.. tempted to get up for a better vantage point!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

A friend and I jumped into our Land Rovers and headed up to the mast on the hill behind Ravensdale in Co. Louth. It was bitterly cold, fairly windy and the grass was very frosty, but no actual proper snow.

Got the stove out and made a cup of tea for us and then headed home, saying a small prayer to the snow God!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭FrDougalMcguire

Snowing heavily in Charlestown since 9pm. There's a good thick blanket of snow now. Travel to work will be interesting tomorrow. A shame it will be all washed away by the rain tomorrow.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement