Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold snap Jan 10th onwards: Wintry Showers, Snow Accumulations for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

from earlier :D seriously best snow cork city has seen in ages

10245379_10204251128976431_6902079096795587262_n.jpg?oh=201a6ef39b2504e79bd5abb53e994987&oe=552644E1&__gda__=1429803188_db825282e712d43a7b9e07bbef795b40

10929009_10204251131376491_5300748778003047833_n.jpg?oh=e1e1ee602c95b6fdaae3125657a44012&oe=552B99F3&__gda__=1429844390_913f248290b3132fa6e7f2c6e8a32730

now i'm just waiting for thunder snow because it something i would love see and hear :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

That heavy shower a while ago. :D
    2015-01-13 23.47.32.jpg

Keyes Park?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Ferrrious brust of thunder here followed by extreme hail. Real movie stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭ThaitaniumM

YFlyer wrote: »
    Keyes Park?

Close enough, Kennedy Park ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,553 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    now i'm just waiting for thunder snow because it something i would love see and hear :D

Very heavy snow in Donegal, haven't been able to leave the house all day and it's still snowing. There's been thunder and lightening for the most of the day as well, and there's still flashes of lightening seen between the flurries of snow.
    This was taken around midday and it hasn't stopped snowing for very long since.

• Advertisement

Seems to be a couple of cells popping up off the coast of Clare/Loop head :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Ferrrious brust of thunder here followed by extreme hail. Real movie stuff.

Yeah the radar has some bright colours for Clare.

poor dublin getting nothing by the looks of things

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Close enough, Kennedy Park ;)

It looks familiar. I'm originally from Carew Park.

It may be a good night, the first blast was so loud it woke half the area. Being only 20km from loop head, I'd say we are in for a few bursts

• Advertisement

Looking at the lightning map, it appears 2 of the strikes are within 5km of me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,502 ✭✭✭q85dw7osi4lebg

Earlier snowfall in Drogheda has now frozen solid. Untreated roads in bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Anyone know if cork will be getting more snow ?

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭snowstorm445

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    poor dublin getting nothing by the looks of things

Seems as if Dublin has borrowed the snow shield for the day. :D This has to be the heaviest snowfall Cork has seen in a number of years, more than 2010 by the looks of things. And deservedly too after so many near misses in the past...

EoghanIRL wrote: »

Looks like another incoming shower on the radar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Looks like another incoming shower on the radar.

Link to the radar?

just saw the first few flakes fall here in cork :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Watching snowflakes from my bedroom window here. They are so wispy that as many of them seem to be rising up as falling down, almost as if the back garden is full of white butterflies.

New Moon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭Rougies

Oneiric 3 wrote: »
    jumping-cat-lands-in-snow-drift.gif

tumblr_ngls9h0C871qdlh1io1_500.gif

Keep your pets safe folks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Captain Snow

Watching snowflakes from my bedroom window here. They are so wispy that as many of them seem to be rising up as falling down, almost as if the back garden is full of white butterflies.

Are you Curtin Twitching or Lamp Post Watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭davidsr20

Pretty bad up here still went out for a drive and just about got home,old Galway/Dublin road very bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

Snowing again in East Limerick. Waking kids up at 7am for snowman building before school, if it's still here in the morning.

Would have loved to have seen some Irish Snow, but I have enough Snow here in Canada to do me 10000 Life times.

Temp Blizzards I,s say for a short time as the storm moves in later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,023 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

EoghanIRL wrote: »

It's snowing atm on the northside of the City. Not as heavy as it was earlier but still it's snowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,235 ✭✭✭Oneiric 3

Are you Curtin Twitching or Lamp Post Watching.

Curtains are open. I'm sitting up in my bed with a ciggy hanging out of my mouth as I type this and as I wait for the sky to turn a white orange again. which it seems to be doing again. I've just now taken that ciggy out of my mouth to give it a flick into an ashtray, as I did this, the snow outside is becoming heavier. All this I can see from my bed.

New Moon

Clare seems to be getting a fair bit of precip :P Anyone there reporting snowfall?

Pressure just rose by 3hPa in 5 mins. Thats unusual

Curtains are open. I'm sitting up in my bed with a ciggy hanging out of my mouth as I type this and as I wait for the sky to turn a white orange again. which it seems to be doing again. I've just now taken that ciggy out of my mouth to give it a flick into an ashtray, as I did this, the snow outside is becoming heavier. All this I can see from my bed.

Quality.

• Advertisement

Clare seems to be getting a fair bit of precip :P Anyone there reporting snowfall?

Here in west clare, the odd very heavy hail shower, but they only started 10mins ago and are very short.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement