Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold snap Jan 10th onwards: Wintry Showers, Snow Accumulations for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Wonder if it starts off as sleet/snow here in north Kilkenny.

The rain system is nearly here and it is still just 0.8C with a dp of -0.4c. The snow has not started to thaw yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

RobertKK wrote: »

The rain system is nearly here and it is still just 0.8C with a dp of -0.4c. The snow has not started to thaw yet.

Was just thinking the same. DP down to -2 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

Looks like snow on the radar approaching Kilkenny. Might get some for a while before it rains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

yorlum11 wrote: »
    Looks like snow on the radar approaching Kilkenny. Might get some for a while before it rains.

Could it reach Tinahely do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Lots of snow in South Sligo - still lying 5/6 inches in places but you can hear it starting to fall off the tree branches - no running water in the home - and everything is eeirily quiet. Is it the calm before the storm?

Roads look trecherous -

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭AnotherYear

Snow over my ankles today. No time to measure it but was 6inches last night and deeper again today(Donegal). Knock had 15cm lying this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

TRying to add photos and getting nowhere.. I have them on tinypic...

Yep it starts as snow, just very, very, very light snow at the moment., or just a light flurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,189 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

hollster2 wrote: »
    Could it reach Tinahely do you think?

Elevation may help you, but its unlikely. Temps now increasing to 6/7 in the south and south west, so more likely light rain for Wicklow in an hour or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Light rain here in clare, still snow in grass and on cars here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

pcasso wrote: »

Is this your personal video???

SPIN South West
    Typical Irish reaction to a dusting of snow

seems popular on facebook 3k plus likes :) 85k views

[IMG][/img]29lcsk5.jpg eureka I think.... all that is left today.... was so cold earlier the pics were all blurred[IMG][/img][IMG]http://[/img]nz3yx3.jpg third one is from my front door, the terrible trees.. I cannot line these up as enter has exited on my old laptop

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭Pretzill

6bAeZc.jpg

About twenty minutes ago S Sligo - I'd say all that white stuff will probably be washed away this afternoon!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

335003.jpg

335001.jpg

Got to make a snowman in time!
    Started raining/sleeting 5 minutes after.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Light snow here in south Laois. 1.1c dewpoint -0.4c, wind averaging 14mph, brrrr!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭snowstreams

davidsr20 wrote: »
    11 months old hasn't a clue why everywhere looks white lol

David it looks like you got quite a bit more than me and im only 5 miles away from you. (closer to the sea though :( )

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭pcasso

hollster2 wrote: »
    Is this your personal video???

SPIN South West
    Typical Irish reaction to a dusting of snow

seems popular on facebook 3k plus likes :) 85k views
    No its not.
    I just thought that it was quite representative of most of us contributing to or following the thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭eastmayo

Snowing fairly heavy here,probably change to rain soon

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ffarrell7

EoghanIRL wrote: »
    UCC area covered in snow .

Must be the first time there has been snow cover in UCC in about 10 years..enjoy!! However with westerly winds it only lasts a few hours or a day at best.

Bring on the easterly...now that is proper snow as we Dubs know well..can last a week or more or several weeks in the mountains..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Danno wrote: »
    Durrow got a nice covering after that prolonged shower. Still -0.3c here.
    Nice one, not often showers have the legs like that at night time in winter!

Anyway the ground in my part of Louth is still white with the thaw beginning in the last hour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,672 ✭✭✭Speak Now

ffarrell7 wrote: »
    Must be the first time there has been snow cover in UCC in about 10 years..enjoy!! However with westerly winds it only lasts a few hours or a day at best.

Bring on the easterly...now that is proper snow as we Dubs know well..can last a week or more or several weeks in the mountains..

LOL Imagine raging over someone else getting a bit of snow :):)

2.5C north Kilkenny and the thaw is on, the few flakes of snow changed to very very light rain, then stopped, dry at the moment.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

ffarrell7 wrote: »

Your trolling like a 10 year old , Dublin this Dublin that .............
    Quit it , just let everyone enjoy what they have.

There wont be much more tolerance for this type of behaviour as it gets on the nerves of a lot of the posters on this forum

2.5C north Kilkenny and the thaw is on, the few flakes of snow changed to very very light rain, then stopped, dry at the moment.

Join the gang! One of my dogs who prefers sharing with the collie has just chosen to come into the house! The look on her face..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭lolie

Decent bit of snow falling now.
    Expecting it to turn to rain soon though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Gone back to sleet/light rain. Not much snow fell from the front initially tbh. 2.3c with a 1.0c dewpoint.

The thaw is underway since after midday.

raint.png

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Moderate rain here in Clare.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Snowing In Cavan again!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Light sleet in south Louth for the last 5 or 10 minutes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭AnotherYear

Heavy snow again this past 20 minutes

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement