Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cold snap Jan 10th onwards: Wintry Showers, Snow Accumulations for some

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,757 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

I think the cart is being put before the horse. There will be snow showers and accumulations in the north and west from tomorrow night which includes west Munster (away from immediate wind ward coasts). Munster comes more in to the frame on Friday and Saturday. Monday is uncertain and a little fragile for now.

There will be plenty to chat about between now and then.

Also there is a risk of some snow across the midlands and east for a time tomorrow and a slightly lower risk of snow showers later tonight.

15011512_1412.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Red Weather warning! Oh no!

Snow looks very possible monday.

For where??

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Snowbiee21

Iancar29 wrote: »
    There is no higher risk than yesterday's event for the east showing on the models currently.
    Dublin any chance

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Snowbiee21 wrote: »
    For where??

Ireland :P

I really couldn't tell you places, Id imagine it may be on the same or slightly lower scale than yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Ireland :P

I really couldn't tell you places, Id imagine it may be on the same or slightly lower scale than yesterday.

you break my heart. I just wanna build a snowman :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Snowbiee21 wrote: »
    Dublin any chance

Dublin Is in the east.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Keep the FI Charts & related discussion in the appropriate thread please - otherwise things get confused and messy - this thread is for the current 'event' only

Thanks Guys

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Metmaster

Iancar29 wrote: »
    There is no higher risk than yesterday's event for the east showing on the models currently.

"Monday, and there may be a risk of significant accumulations of snow further east and north" according to met eireann there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

dublinjen wrote: »
    you break my heart. I just wanna build a snowman :(

"So you want to build a snowman?"

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭dublinjen

bajer101 wrote: »

Yeah I want to go outside and play

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

dublinjen I never see you anymore????

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

I too slept with the curtains open last night and woke at 7am to an even more glorious site to compared to the one i fell asleep too, then realized that in 25minutes i have to go out and clear about 3 inches of it off the car.

Whole drive to work was through slush, taking her handy the whole way, arriving to work to a carpark only disturbed by two other cars.

Was all most 2pm before car park started to clear, with only only a few bits of frozen stuff around the kerbs when leaving at 8pm. Drive home with through loads of spray, with only evidence that there had been snow on arriving home, was the remains of next doors snowman, with a scarf and a pair of earmuffs on top of it.

Was great whilst it lasted, but happy to see it gone for a few days at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭Pangea

Met eireann forecast said there would be snow in places tonight :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

Temp dropping slowly and dew points gone through the floor to -0.1 since the front went through, I can well see a bit of snow later on.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,838 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Temp dropping slowly and dew points gone through the floor to -0.1 since the front went through, I can well see a bit of snow later on.

how much snow did you get in total from this event?

Pangea wrote: »
    Met eireann forecast said there would be snow in places tonight :confused:

And potentially in the midlands east and south for a time tomorrow. The Euro 4 update shortly and will post then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 silverthorn100

So what's the very latest guys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

So what's the very latest guys

It's a tad windy and there may be a follow on bit of snow for the west. The weekend may see the advent of an Easterly which could bring snow to the East if the cold develops.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,181 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

According to Mt there may be a bit of snow tomorrow morning for west Munster.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭bb1234567

bajer101 wrote: »

it doesn't have to be a snowman

• Advertisement

Euro 4 tonight

15011506_2_1418.gif

Tomorrow midday

15011512_2_1418.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭bb1234567

You wouldn't even know there was snow all over the country, living in dublin. Haha nobody here has said a word about it nearly :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭mountainy man

how much snow did you get in total from this event?

About 6 inches, I really thought it would be deeper for the length of time it was falling, was still falling at 3.30pm. Very messy thaw this evening with rain sodden avalanches sliding off the roofs, still a few bits holding on under the hedges.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭rilz

According to the weather on bbc cold air pushes in later on giving snow showers with the big storm . Gotta love this weather. Then a north westerly over the weekend

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,905 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

rilz wrote: »
    According to the weather on bbc cold air pushes in later on giving snow showers with the big storm . Gotta love this weather. Then a north westerly over the weekend

It's already begun, snowing at Cork Airport according to Met Eireann

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Stinicker wrote: »
    I had 4 inches this morning

ooh-matron.gif

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Dublin AP reporting sleet at 0700.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

One thing to keep in mind as the next "phase" of this cold period begins is the winds over all will be slacker so we are looking at the lowest night time temperatures of the year so far somewhere around -5c or -6c as a low inland and that means ice and frost but where snow lies than temperatures would be even lower than that so aside from snow and ice the cold itself is a hazard for vulnerable groups like the elderly etc. Nice to drop in and say hello :)

I am not expecting anyone to check up here. They all have families etc to look after. My two nearest old neighbours, well over a mile away, are provided for. One has a sister who comes in and the other has family on the doorstep. I may take wee dog up to see if the lane is clear but else I expect nothing. NB if you do go visiting which I really hope you do, pop a few useful items in the car.Staples like fresh bread and milk and maybe a bag of fuel etc. We find it easier if we do not have to get folk to go out specially for us. Oh and a treat or two!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭highdef

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Dublin AP reporting sleet at 0700.

Looking at the latest images on Dublin traffic cameras, I see snow on the ground (grassy areas) on the M50 Ballymun camera. Can't see it on other cameras nearby so probably quite local.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭amdgilmore

bb1234567 wrote: »
    You wouldn't even know there was snow all over the country, living in dublin. Haha nobody here has said a word about it nearly :pac:

It is not snowing in Ireland. If it didn't happen in Dublin, it didn't happen at all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement