Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Messing at night

• 08-01-2015 8:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi there. I've 2 dogs. One is a collie pup about 8 months old and the other small terrier cross breed. I've issues with both of them constantly going to the toilet at night. The small dog is not far off 2years old now although we didn't get him until he was just over a year old. The pup isn't too bad...I think he really only goes if he can't hold it but the other guy just keeps doing it and it's becoming disheartening. I walk them in the evening after their dinner...sometimes as close to bed time as I can get it and I'm up again early the next morning to let them out. My partner is here all day with them and he does be in and out to the garden with them. What can we do? I have them booked to be neutered soon too.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,326 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Have you toilet trained them with a keyword and what are you using to clean up the spot(s)?

• Registered Users Posts: 27 dkod

Look up crate training. Found it fab with my 2 dogs and I hated the idea of cages!! Use the crates all the time now. It keeps the car clean. Somewhere safe to put them etc

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Tamarellaz

Thanks guys. I read somewhere that anything with amonia in it is no good for cleaning. I am trying to get them both to go before bed. Ive noticed the pup has now started to try and let me know when he needs to go by barking. So far we seem to be doing ok

Advertisement