Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aspire BVC Coils

Options
  • 08-01-2015 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I've only been vaping a few weeks mainly using aspire CE5-s Clearomizers and 70/30 PG/VG tobacco flavored juices. I have tried 6 Aspire BVC coils and had terrible gurgling, flooding, spitting juice back the mouth etc. with all of them. I recently got an Aspire CF VV Battery to see if a bit more power might vapourize the juice a bit better but that didn't do the trick. I have tried differrent juices, very gentle draws, continuing to draw for a second after releasing the button so no vapour sits in the chimney, vodka baths and drying coils, its driving me insane! The only way I get any joy is using the old BDC coils. I just bought a nautilus mini thinking that might be better but if anything its worse. Does anyone know if the old nautilus BDC coils fit the nautilus mini? Has anyone else been having issues with the BVC coils?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Sounds like you got a bad batch of them, BDC and BVC are same fitting so BDC will work in the mini.
    I'm not using them much anymore but I did find they work best if primed first with a couple of drops directly into them and at about 12 to 13 Watts depending on which juice

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ReeferJones

After using BDC coils in the CE5, CE5-s and Nautilus mini for a few days, I can definitely say they perform better for me than the 7 or 8 BVC coils I tried. No gurgling or spitting. The only problem I have now is that vaping House of Liquid' s natural steeped Virginia Prime my coils are gunking up quickly. I have Liqua Virginia in one clearo and the coils are not getting gunked up at all. But thats another days work!

I dont know if I was doing something wrong with the BVCs but I am happy enough with the reliability of BDC coils at the moment. I might order a few BVCs from somewhere else (Bestshop seems to be well respected) and play around with them, but I have stocked up on BDCs so I have something to fall back on. Anyway, if anyone else has the same trouble as me give the BDCs a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭jambofc

bvc coils are miles better were did you get the ones you are using ?

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Bromium

Had the same issue with the BVC coils and had to go back to BDC to avoid the leaking and spitting. I was wondering if this was perhaps a bad batch as the BDC coils are getting phased out by the look of things. Might end up going down the re-buildable route when I find one that suits anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ReeferJones

jambofc wrote: »
    bvc coils are miles better were did you get the ones you are using ?

Got them in two different retail (bricks and mortar) shops in Galway. The Nautilus one (i only tried one of the two) came with the nautilus and the scratch off code checked out as legit. The guy in one shop threw me out a few more free ones for the CE5 to try but they all gurgled too. He's been really helpful, I'm going to call in today to let him know and see if anyone else is having the same issues.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I'm kinda gone off these too, I've only had the non nautilius type but they do spit juice like mad. You have to point it away from yourself and press the button for a second before you take a vape to let it clear out.

Even doing that I still get juice in my mouth.

Advertisement