Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change of Exchange and my options

Options
  • 08-01-2015 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

Hello,

The area where I live, the exchange has been upgraded to efibre, and I remember years ago when broadband was made available, I was told that our house was too far from the exchange to receive a good signal. We seem to be at the edge of the radius that the exchange can reach to.

I assume that's the case still for efibre.

If so, what are my options for actually getting a broadband connection through eircom? Is it possible to move to a different exchange, or is there a chance something can be done to make it work?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

C-Shore wrote: »
    Hello,

The area where I live, the exchange has been upgraded to efibre, and I remember years ago when broadband was made available, I was told that our house was too far from the exchange to receive a good signal. We seem to be at the edge of the radius that the exchange can reach to.

I assume that's the case still for efibre.

If so, what are my options for actually getting a broadband connection through eircom? Is it possible to move to a different exchange, or is there a chance something can be done to make it work?
    Hi C-Shore

it will be best if you could PM me your land line number & specific address so I can look in to this in detail for you.

Thanks
    AL

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

Hi Al,

Were you able to get any additional information following up from my PM last week?

Cheers

Hi Al,

Were you able to get any additional information following up from my PM last week?

Cheers

Yes I have looked in to this in detail and I have spoke to Broadband operations about this.

The current location of your line is too far from the Rush exchange and I'm sorry to confirm that there is no efibre cabinet in range to offer you efibre either although the suitability for normal broadband is required even to avail of efibre.

Efibre coverage is provided by Local efibre (VDSL) cabinets which serve a max range of 2KM on a defined route - rather unlike normal broadband where lines connected to the exchange within a approx 5Km range can avail of broadband.

If you follow this link and click on NGA Fibre broadband Network it will give you more insight on this: http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/

Unfortunately broadband operations have confirmed that eircom will not be able to offer you broadband as a change of exchange is not possible and not a route eircom can offer you.

I’m sorry I could not offer better news on this for you C-shore

Thanks
    AL

Yes I have looked in to this in detail and I have spoke to Broadband operations about this.

The current location of your line is too far from the Rush exchange and I'm sorry to confirm that there is no efibre cabinet in range to offer you efibre either although the suitability for normal broadband is required even to avail of efibre.

Efibre coverage is provided by Local efibre (VDSL) cabinets which serve a max range of 2KM on a defined route - rather unlike normal broadband where lines connected to the exchange within a approx 5Km range can avail of broadband.

If you follow this link and click on NGA Fibre broadband Network it will give you more insight on this: http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/

Unfortunately broadband operations have confirmed that eircom will not be able to offer you broadband as a change of exchange is not possible and not a route eircom can offer you.

Thanks
    AL
    Hi Al,

Thanks for getting back to me, your info is very much appreciated.

Is there a possibility in future (even 3-5 years) that a VDSL cabinet will be added near enough to provide this area with any form of broadband, not just efibre?

Thanks again for your help.

Thanks
    AL
    Hi Al,

Thanks for getting back to me, your info is very much appreciated.

Is there a possibility in future (even 3-5 years) that a VDSL cabinet will be added near enough to provide this area with any form of broadband, not just efibre?

Thanks again for your help.

While there are no plans made to suggest this it would not be worth ruling out C-Shore

I wouldn't like to give false hope but anything can happen within 5 years but If you wish to get back to me every couple of months I'll be happy to keep checking this for you.

Cheers
    Al

• Advertisement

You lovely lovely man!

Thanks for all your help on this, you've given me more information in these messages than I've been able to get in the last few years!

You lovely lovely man!

Thanks for all your help on this, you've given me more information in these messages than I've been able to get in the last few years!
    You're more than welcome C-Shore

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with

Al

Advertisement