Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend a Ploytunnel

• 08-01-2015 12:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

Hi does anyone have any experience with this company/polytunnel? Thinking of getting one and is it just to cheap to last? I don't want to spend big money as I only want to sow handy things like steawberrys tomatoes ,a few bags of early spudz lettuce spring onion and some flowers.

http://www.inthemarket.ie/polytunnel-galvanised-10-x-7ft/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 281 ✭✭invicta

What company???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭fiestaman

Ha, forgot to post the link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

3x2 m is too small to grow spuds, in fact I would say that polytunnel won't last 2 years unless its in a very sheltered spot.

Sorry I meant in bags, presumed it would be small for normal drills. I've just been informed from my grandfather that I could have his as he is not going to use it anymore, in his 80's now. This one is 20x15 and has 30mm tubing with angled supports and the whole lot. I have loads of room for it but it seems very big. It will only be a hobby and bit of a past time so not sure on going that big.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,530 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Don't put the whole thing up so ! They're kind of in sections so you can put up as many or as few sections as you like --

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Advertisement

I've decided to go with the 20x15 tunnel and put it up and cover it myself, been reading this http://www.inthemarket.ie/polytunnel-galvanised-10-x-7ft/. Is it as simple as it says? It says not to put on plastic unless there's sun and heat, at that rate I have no point in erecting it until May. I'd rather be using it earlier like march at least.

Advertisement