Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of windows, front door and porch for 3 bed semi D

Options
  • 08-01-2015 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi,

Just looking for some ball park esimates from anyone who has had similar work done on what I can expect, before I get some quotes.

I got my house renovated last year but did not have enough cash to replace the front windows, front door or porch.

What would I expect to pay for the following:

4 double glazed windows - 3 standard windows at the front of the house. 1 window in the main bedroom at the back.

1 front door - stanard front door plus the side window panels.

1 porch - the porch is quite small, it was basically a convert of the concrete shelter that existed above the main door entrance that was not meant to be the roof for a porch (without some extra work). It was not properly sealed at the top so the condensation is terrible. It goes about 2 foot out from the house. It spans the front door and side window panels.

Also, I got internal try lining put in on the external walls. Can I assume the windows can be installed without impacting this insulation or if so the contractor would remove the parts close to the window before and then replace after.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,358 ✭✭✭Tefral

Allow €225/m2 for double glazed PVC where no window would be less than that price. -snip- work off that rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭650gs

Why do you need a ball park figure why not just call and get a quote its free

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭893bet

3-6 k

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ddav

Thanks for the replys, just wanted to get an idea before I go get some quotes.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

cronin_j wrote: »
    Allow €225/m2 for double glazed PVC where no window would be less than that price. -snip- work off that rate.

Would this rate increase much for triple glazing on a corner window?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭893bet

ArraMusha wrote: »
    Would this rate increase much for triple glazing on a corner window?

I think the fact that it's a corner is irrelevant. Corner is installed as two separate windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

<snip> are the men ya want! We got bay window, 3 pains of triple glazing, French doors, 2 large windows, bedroom sized, 1 small window for about 4k. Well worth gettin a quote from them if yer around north dublin!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,541 ✭✭✭✭ted1

gumbo1 wrote: »
    <snip> are the men ya want! We got bay window, 3 pains of triple glazing, French doors, 2 large windows, bedroom sized, 1 small window for about 4k. Well worth gettin a quote from them if yer around north dublin!
    What U rating did they have? Are they white or coloured ?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

ted1 wrote: »
    What U rating did they have? Are they white or coloured ?

U rating? That like ber? White all round, but was told colour doesn't affect the price!

Colour will defo affect the price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭hexosan

gumbo1 wrote: »

So we can also assume a poor u-value which will also affect the price dramatically

!00%

Advertisement