Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games to watch out for 2015

Options
  • 08-01-2015 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭

I'm sure everyone has there "most anticipated games" for this year but I thought it might be a good idea to have a thread about the smaller games that might not get as much attention.

So to kick things off there is a game called Salt & Sanctuary which looks (and from previews, feels) like a 2D Dark Souls game.

Here is a very glowing preview of the game which is on early access I think.

I'll be looking forward to the Vita getting a souls type game anyway. The one criticism I would say is the bloom looks like it's used a little bit too much, especially around the edges. Hopefully they look into that.

I made the thread solely for that game but I'm sure there will be a few more I can think of.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Whatever "The Behemoth" release this year.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,215 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Cormac... wrote: »
    Whatever "The Behemoth" release this year.

Hopefully a good game this time. I thought Castle Crashers and Alien Hominid were pale imiatations of their inspirations although I've yet to try that block battle theatre whatever game.

Only two games I'm really interested in are Persona 5 and Atelier Shallie. Also Atelier Ayesha on Vita since I might actually play it enough to beat it on a handheld.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Hopefully a good game this time. I thought Castle Crashers and Alien Hominid were pale imiatations of their inspirations although I've yet to try that block battle theatre whatever game.
    BT would be that good game you were waiting for. :)

As for the OP, Titan Souls looks like it'll tick your Souls-esque on the Vita gameplay boxes.

I posted about Axiom Verge on an Indie Games thread a good while ago but it looks like that's going to be out this year too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,215 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

gizmo wrote: »
    BT would be that good game you were waiting for. :)]

I saw it on AGDQ and it did look a hell of a lot better as well as co-op looking like a blast. Got it for peanuts in the steam sale so I've no excuse not to try.
    gizmo wrote: »
    I posted about Axiom Verge on an

I'm not too sure about this one. Really hate the art in it, it's neither 8 or 16 bit just some ugly garish mess.

Co-Op in BBT with some beers and a friend over 6ish hours is the best fun i've had in a long while.

Also if thatgamecompany release something this year that would be great (Journey, Flower, Flow)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Global Agenda 2 (I loved GA, Tribes etc. so I have high hopes for it); suppose to be in closed beta currently and no videos are out yet.

Toxikk

While cheesy in name I think it has the potential to bring back some really powerful FPS play on the PC again if done right.

I'd be interested in seeing what they do as well. Thought Flow was gash and Flower had me fighting with the motion controls which infuriated me but Journey is up there with Dark Souls as game of the generation.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'm not too sure about this one. Really hate the art in it, it's neither 8 or 16 bit just some ugly garish mess.
    Gameplay wise I like the look of it but on the visual side of things I'm just chalking it up to coder art from a dude who really loved the original Metroid. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ya I have to say I'm not a fan the Axiom Verge art design at all.

On whoever mentioned thatgamecompany, I think a few from that team are making Abzu. No idea what it's about or when we'll see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

And looking at that reminds me of Rime. Maybe this is more well known than some of the others but it still wouldn't exactly be a huge release.

Looks gorgeous. The last trailer was great for it too.

• Advertisement

What about that E3 release with the Limbo type art, what was it called again?
    I looked like an Indie Devs wet dream

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary for PS Vita coming out next month I think

Cormac... wrote: »
    What about that E3 release with the Limbo type art, what was it called again?
    I looked like an Indie Devs wet dream
    You mean the new game from the Limbo guys, INSIDE?

Or do you mean the utterly beautiful looking Ori and the Blind Forest?

It was the 1st one, but I like the 2nd one too :)

Advertisement