Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Debit to Landlord

Options
  • 08-01-2015 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I was just wondering if it was possible to set up a Direct Debit to our landlord until the end of the year? I don't want to set up a standing order online as it starts immediately and I already have this months rent paid. It also goes on indefinitely so it would need cancelling. I know company's usually give you a direct debit form to fill in when signing up for one but our landlord is renting out the apartment privately so therefore is not a business.

If I need to sign up for one in branch, I have no problem doing that. I just wanted to know if it is possible to do it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Colemania wrote: »
    Hi,

I was just wondering if it was possible to set up a Direct Debit to our landlord until the end of the year? I don't want to set up a standing order online as it starts immediately and I already have this months rent paid. It also goes on indefinitely so it would need cancelling. I know company's usually give you a direct debit form to fill in when signing up for one but our landlord is renting out the apartment privately so therefore is not a business.

If I need to sign up for one in branch, I have no problem doing that. I just wanted to know if it is possible to do it.
    Hi Colemania,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

A direct debit would be set up and maintained by a company.

A standing order is probably the best way to do this. You can post a standing order form to the Standing Order Unit. The form has a start and end date so you can specify how long you want it to run for. The form can be found here

I hope this helps and please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks

Billy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,110 ✭✭✭Colemania

Hi Colemania,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

A direct debit would be set up and maintained by a company.

A standing order is probably the best way to do this. You can post a standing order form to the Standing Order Unit. The form has a start and end date so you can specify how long you want it to run for. The form can be found here

I hope this helps and please let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks

Billy

Yes that's fine. Thanks Billy.

Advertisement