Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grass Livery

Options
  • 08-01-2015 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi there,
    We are looking at maybe getting a small pony for the kids to ride, and I'm wondering if anywhere out there is still offering grass livery? We're in South Dublin/North Wicklow area - I know there are lots of yards around here, but I think a lot of them only offer full or DIY livery. Wouldn't need any fancy facilities, some kind of basic arena would be good and some off road hacking - does anything like this exist??!
    Thank-you! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

I don't know if they do grass livery but I've heard good things about Hawthorne Lodge up in Kilternan.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭silverfox88

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    I don't know if they do grass livery but I've heard good things about Hawthorne Lodge up in Kilternan.

Not doing it anymore I'm afraid since they went under new management.

Grass v hard to find in Dublin/N.Wicklow to be honest these days.

Best bet is to have a look through the livery (equine services) section on donedeal; you might find DIY livery there where you can keep the horse out most of the time - you'd still be paying DIY prices but that's still considerably cheaper than full or even working livery.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭convert

You could have a look at the contact details for livery yards (stickied on the top of the forum). That may be of some use to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 shellbean

There is Begin equine in Newcastle, they do Grass livery and have an arena

Advertisement