Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will I ever get eFibre

Options
  • 08-01-2015 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭

Live in Nenagh and my Exchange and my nearest Cabinet (NNH1_006) are all eFibre enabled, I have even been told that my line runs through that Cabinet but NO ONE can tell me if or when I will be able to get it. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

irelandjoe wrote: »
    Live in Nenagh and my Exchange and my nearest Cabinet (NNH1_006) are all eFibre enabled, I have even been told that my line runs through that Cabinet but NO ONE can tell me if or when I will be able to get it. 
    Hi irelandjoe

If you would like to PM me your land line number I should be able to shed more light on this for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭irelandjoe

Hi irelandjoe

If you would like to PM me your land line number I should be able to shed more light on this for you.

Thanks
    Al
    PM Sent

Hi irelandjoe

Thanks
    Al
    PM Sent

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Thanks for PM'ing me your details irelandjoe.
    [/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]I've looked in to this in detail and spoke to efibre operations. I can confirm that as your line is currently connected directly to the exchange it is not connected to a serving VDSL (fibre cabinet). This means that there is no plans currently released to suggest when you can expect efibre.[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]lines connected directly to the exchange are not served by efibre cabinets but rather use a different cable path infrastructure which currently is not included in the present release of efibre.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]efibre planning have previously confirmed that works on a new product to offer directly fed lines have been agreed and hopes are that they are will be implemented and available within the next 12 months.
    [/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Al
    [/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Thanks for PM'ing me your details irelandjoe.

I've looked in to this in detail and spoke to efibre operations. I can confirm that as your line is currently connected directly to the exchange it is not connected to a serving VDSL (fibre cabinet). This means that there is no plans currently released to suggest when you can expect efibre.

lines connected directly to the exchange are not served by efibre cabinets but rather use a different cable path infrastructure which currently is not included in the present release of efibre.

efibre planning have previously confirmed that works on a new product to offer directly fed lines have been agreed and hopes are that they are will be implemented and available within the next 12 months.

Thanks
    Al
    Hi Al,

I am in a similar situation to the OP. If I PM you my details could you do the same for me please ?

Hi irelandjoe

Thanks
    Al
    PM Sent

I've looked in to this in detail and spoke to efibre operations. I can confirm that as your line is currently connected directly to the exchange it is not connected to a serving VDSL (fibre cabinet). This means that there is no plans currently released to suggest when you can expect efibre.

lines connected directly to the exchange are not served by efibre cabinets but rather use a different cable path infrastructure which currently is not included in the present release of efibre.

efibre planning have previously confirmed that works on a new product to offer directly fed lines have been agreed and hopes are that they are will be implemented and available within the next 12 months.

Thanks
    Al
    Al,

Thanks finally an answer, albeit one I don't like,  At least I know now.....  I will follow what happens with Direct to Exchange connections as they unfold.... Anywhere I can look to keep updated ?

thanks 

• Advertisement

Hi irelandjoe

Thanks
    Al
    PM Sent

Thanks
    Al
    Al,

Thanks finally an answer, albeit one I don't like,  At least I know now.....  I will follow what happens with Direct to Exchange connections as they unfold.... Anywhere I can look to keep updated ?

thanks 
    No worries irelandjoe

The most up to date information can be found here: http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/ - Click on NGA fibre network

Cheers
    Al

Hi irelandjoe

Thanks
    Al
    PM Sent

Thanks
    Al
    Al,

thanks 
    No worries irelandjoe

The most up to date information can be found here: http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/ - Click on NGA fibre network

Cheers
    Al
    Thanks, so basically I want to see NNH1_E01 go from Orange to Blue to green ....

Hi irelandjoe

Thanks
    Al
    PM Sent

Thanks
    Al
    Al,

thanks 
    No worries irelandjoe

Cheers
    Al
    Thanks, so basically I want to see NNH1_E01 go from Orange to Blue to green ....
    Yes irelandjoe

If that is the closest exchange

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭ClonNGB

I am in similar position and support told me they had no idea when direct fed would be solved and anyway I should count myself lucky to have basic broadband. Charming. Hopefully esb vodafone will liberate us from this. It seems you can suffer from being too close or too far from an exchange. At least the direct feds will be sticking out like low hanging fruit for esb ftth

I still can't understand how I am direct to exchange when my line passes a cabinet to get to the exchange which is 2.8 Kms from my house (as the crow flies). Like you @ClonNGB I should be lucky with any Broadband, I just can't see VF / ESB ever coming out as far as me.

• Advertisement

I still can't understand how I am direct to exchange when my line passes a cabinet to get to the exchange which is  2.8 Kms from my house (as the crow flies).  Like you @ClonNGB I should be lucky with any Broadband,  I just can't see VF / ESB ever coming out as far as me.
    Hi irelandjoe

I'll be unable to offer you reasons or a technical specifcation as to why your line is connected directly to the exchange but as soon as there is more news on plans for directly fed lines I will make sure to post some information up here

Thanks
    AL

don't like bring threads bad from the dead but in light of some information I thought it justified.

So my Eir line went dead last tuesday and finally got fixed on saturday by the engineer who informed me the fault with my line was in the NNH1_006 cabinet which he repair at the cabinet so it turns out my line is NOT direct to exchange even though I was informed before it was.  He also told me he can not see why I would not be able to get fibre.  So could it be that you have me listed connected directly to exchange when infact I am not.

Eir team can you look into this again as I would love to migrate to Eir:Fibre.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭eir: Alan

don't like bring threads bad from the dead but in light of some information I thought it justified.

So my Eir line went dead last tuesday and finally got fixed on saturday by the engineer who informed me the fault with my line was in the NNH1_006 cabinet which he repair at the cabinet so it turns out my line is NOT direct to exchange even though I was informed before it was.  He also told me he can not see why I would not be able to get fibre.  So could it be that you have me listed connected directly to exchange when infact I am not.

Thanks
    Hi irelandjoe

That's interesting and of course I'll look in to this for you. Please PM me your landline number.

Thanks
    Al

eir: Alan wrote: »

Thanks
    Hi irelandjoe

That's interesting and of course I'll look in to this for you. Please PM me your landline number.

Thanks
    Al
    PM Sent

Hi Irelandjoe

I should have more news for you today

Al

eir: Alan wrote: »
    Hi Irelandjoe

I should have more news for you today

Al
    Thanks fingers crossed its good news :)

It's not good news I'm afraid irelandjoe

Yes your line runs through cabinet number NNH1_006 however your home is located too far away from this to avail of efibre. Cabinets can only serve a distance of up to 2Km and your line has been investigated by the networks team to be beyond this. It's worth mentioning that lines do not lay as the crow flies and can take a variety of routes and cable paths between the cabinet and your home - although you can measure the distance but only in terms of how the crow flies on this map here: http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/

I understand this would be very disappointing news but I can assure you that I had escalated this as far as possible. Apologies for the inconvenience IrelandJoe

Thanks
    Al

:( 
    thank Alan for getting as much detail as you could.

My Line follows the road and is very direct to that exchange but measuring it both by driving it and using the tool and following the road it comes to about 2.2 KMs,  just short !

The Rural Fibre routes (Blue lines) here http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ pass my house (FTTH) so this May mean I will get FTTH ?

There are a number of businesses and clusters of houses near my house that would benefit from efibre.  How are new cabinets planned and provisioned for e.g.  what is the justifying criteria ?

thanks

:( 
    thank Alan for getting as much detail as you could.

My Line follows the road and is very direct to that exchange but measuring it both by driving it and using the tool and following the road it comes to about 2.2 KMs,  just short !

The Rural Fibre routes (Blue lines) here http://fibrerollout.ie/where-and-when/ pass my house (FTTH) so this May mean I will get FTTH ?

There are a number of businesses and clusters of houses near my house that would benefit from efibre.  How are new cabinets planned and provisioned for e.g.  what is the justifying criteria ?

thanks
    Hi irelandjoe

It will not be possible to foresee FTTH availability to a specific line until much closer to launch which looks like approx 2020. I'm sorry to also confirm that I will unable able to offer you the justifying criteria for network planning decisions as such internal details on eirs infrastructural and network plans will not be offered publicly.

Thanks
    Al

Thanks Al for your update.  I have an appointment with Minister Alan Kelly who I will be bringing up rural Broadband availability with.
    Who ever can get me faster speeds in my area will get all the business first.  

The race is on.

Wonder if SIRO (Vodafone) can beat EIR.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Thanks Al for your update.  I have an appointment with Minister Alan Kelly who I will be bringing up rural Broadband availability with.
    Who ever can get me faster speeds in my area will get all the business first.  

The race is on.

Wonder if SIRO (Vodafone) can beat EIR.

Thanks
    No problem irelandjoe

I wish you the very best with the meeting and I hope a solution is offered soon.

Al

Advertisement