Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a picture frame?

Options
  • 08-01-2015 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭

Basically I need a large picture frame, about 700mm*500mm.
    I know they have them in Ikea but that's a bit of a treck. Does anywhere in Dublin City Centre sell one this size? Have tried Dunnes home already

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

cgcsb wrote: »
    Basically I need a large picture frame, about 700mm*500mm.
    I know they have them in Ikea but that's a bit of a treck. Does anywhere in Dublin City Centre sell one this size? Have tried Dunnes home already

We sell 70cm x 50cm images and its a nightmare getting frames IKEA is the only place we've found that does them so would like to find somewhere in town that does too! I would imagine a frame that size anywhere other than IKEA is going to be very expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,544 ✭✭✭cgcsb

Strange, it's not something you think would be hard to find in a capital city. I guess I've to find the time for a trek out to IKEA. If only there were IKEA express stores in city centres.

IKEA express would be handy alright!! Maybe try HMV they have poster frames no idea of the size think they might be too big but worth popping in if you're in town already. I guess easons too but that would probably be more expensive than getting a taxi out to ikea getting some lunch buying the frame and getting a taxi back!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I bought a 47x67 cm frame from HMV a few months ago. Will that do?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Appletons Framers in Stillorgan (near the shopping centre) might be able to help.

• Advertisement

Nim wrote: »
    I bought a 47x67 cm frame from HMV a few months ago. Will that do?

Too small I'm afraid. Thanks though

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭Alanm

Try Harvey Norman if they're near you, I got a cheap 60*40 frame there and I'm pretty sure they had bigger ones too (nutgrove store on right hand side of electronics section)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

What about places in the city centre that sell prints like Article in Powerscourt Centre or Jam Art Factory.

TK Maxx might be worth a shot.

Is that poster shop still on Liffey St, they might have what you're after.

tfak85 wrote: »

Thats a good shout had forgotten about that! I would think they are the most likely to have it. We have the same prints as Article and Jam Art and they come framed they might have some but not many artists here are doing prints that size its all A3 and A4. OP might even have got the picture we have a lot of unframed 70 x 50 and normally suggest ikea for frames!

tfak85 wrote: »
    What about places in the city centre that sell prints like Article in Powerscourt Centre or Jam Art Factory.

TK Maxx might be worth a shot.

I tried TK Maxx, Article and Jam Art. I havent tried liffey st though, I may swing by later. I'll post if I find something. If not I'll just venture out to Ikea some evening next week when it's not too busy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭ollaetta

Was out in B&Q Liffey Valley today and they have 500x700 frames.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Woodies / b&q or some larger tescos. 50/70 is a fairly popular size.

Thanks for that. The Liffey street place doesn't have any so ill just be trecking out Ikea some evening

• Registered Users Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭tampopo

I don't know what you consider 'city centre' but there is a picture framing place on Crumlin road opposite Iveagh Grounds, just before the AIB.

Advertisement