Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

efibre Claregalway

Options
  • 08-01-2015 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Hi. I am a broadband customer in Claregalway. I see on your website that my area is efibre enabled. I am wondering do I have to do anything to avail of faster speeds of up to 100mb?
    It says on your website that customers will be automatically upgraded, but my speeds are getting gradually worse since I joined in August, and are certainly nowhere near 100mb that efibre promises.
    Can anything be done about this?
    Kind regards

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi. I am a broadband customer in Claregalway. I see on your website that my area is efibre enabled. I am wondering do I have to do anything to avail of faster speeds of up to 100mb?
    It says on your website that customers will be automatically upgraded, but my speeds are getting gradually worse since I joined in August, and are certainly nowhere near 100mb that efibre promises.
    Can anything be done about this?
    Kind regards
    Hi rumplestiltskin

Customers are not automatically upgraded as efibre would need to be ordered by contacting sales via webchat at eircom.net or calling on free phone 1800503303.

While the online map may indicate that efibre may be available in your area the map has a note located at the top advising:

"Please note: this map is for illustrative purposes only and not all homes within the eFibre area can avail of the service. To determine if eFibre is available at your home, please enter your home phone number or address into our interactive tool"

It's best to enter your number to the interactive toll located to the left of the map before calling

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jbng98

Hi Al,

I have a massive problem with Eircom and their lies about eFibre. For starters the map is a complete and utter lie! Why the hell do you bother to change the it and say that it is "now available in your area" when clearly it is NOT available at all. 

I know you have you little disclaimer alright but I have checked phone numbers for a number of businesses located in the village (which are only a number of yards from the exchange) and they are all the same - NOT IN AN EFIBRE AREA! So please stop telling these BS lies to everyone and change the map back to a realistic roll-out date. Utter fools.

J

jbng98 wrote: »
    Hi Al,

I have a massive problem with Eircom and their lies about eFibre. For starters the map is a complete and utter lie! Why the hell do you bother to change the it and say that it is "now available in your area" when clearly it is NOT available at all. 

I know you have you little disclaimer alright but I have checked phone numbers for a number of businesses located in the village (which are only a number of yards from the exchange) and they are all the same - NOT IN AN EFIBRE AREA! So please stop telling these BS lies to everyone and change the map back to a realistic roll-out date. Utter fools.

J

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi jbng98

Distance from the exchange is not as important as it is with normal broadband - [/font]
    Efibre coverage is provided by Local efibre (VDSL) cabinets which serve a max range of 2KM on a defined route - rather unlike normal broadband where lines connected to the exchange within an approx 5Km range can avail of broadband. As you mentioned above the map advises that it's purpose is to serve as illustrative purposes only and you can either enter your number in the line checker located beside the map or get in touch with an eircom representative to query further.

If you would like to PM me your land line number or specific address I'll be happy to look in the plans further to offer you an indication of when you can expect efibre - Also, I check out the map contained in the following link as it offers further insight on plans ( click on NGA fibre broadband network ) : http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/

Thanks
    Al

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

@jbng98 warning issued to review your posting style - personal abuse is not permitted on the site. 

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jbng98

So I received a warning for personal abuse? I'm not attacking poor Alan, he's just doing his job. My gripe is with the company he works for as everyone knows about them. I don't think I have ever come across a happy customer of theirs.

I checked the map in the link provided. Thanks. It shows a live cabinet in the center of the village so why can't any of the businesses take advantage of it if it is live?

I am closest to CLG1_E01. I pm'd my landline number to you Alan so looking forward to your findings.

Cheers,

J

• Advertisement

jbng98 wrote: »
    So I received a warning for personal abuse? I'm not attacking poor Alan, he's just doing his job. My gripe is with the company he works for as everyone knows about them. I don't think I have ever come across a happy customer of theirs.

I checked the map in the link provided. Thanks. It shows a live cabinet in the center of the village so why can't any of the businesses take advantage of it if it is live?

I am closest to CLG1_E01. I pm'd my landline number to you Alan so looking forward to your findings.

Cheers,

J
    Hello jbng98

[font=Times New Roman","serif][font=Calibri","sans-serif]I have looked in to the plans in relation to your line and I can also see that CLG1_E01 is indeed the closest efibre point - however this is not a normal cabinet in the conventional sense as that code (CLG1_E01)  is in relation to exchange level efibre.

Basically Your line is currently connected directly to the exchange, Lines connected directly to the exchange are not served via local cabinets and utilise slightly different cable path infrastructure which currently is not included in the existing rollout for efibre.

Works on a new product to offer directly fed lines have been agreed and hopes are that they are will be implemented and available within 12 months.[/font]

Thanks
    Al
    [/font]

Advertisement