Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E Visa Application [going anon]

Options
  • 08-01-2015 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey all,

Going Anon on this one.

Have sought legal advice from three different lawyers and have been told by all three that I do qualify for the E1 busiess treaty visa so I want to apply for it by myself, without the legal representation. After all, it is not a requirement to do so.

However, I feel the guidelines are quite vague from the USA immigration website about how to provide the information to them - for example I don't see a specific requirement for a case as to WHERE in the USA I want to establish myself and my company, however I believe this is a requirement.

So, really I am seeking pointers from anyone here who's been through the process themselves or possibly through a lawyer and could offer me some guidance on how your application looked? What was your cover letter like? How did you provide your data (printed off lots pages of spreadsheets), have bar graphs/pie charts and so on.

I understand you providing me feedback is not legal advice and I won't think of it as such. Just looking to gather as much information as I can in order to get a better picture of what this binder will look like.

Thanks in advance people, I appreciate the help.

Anon.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭jaymcg91

I know quite a few people who've had different visas and I genuinely wouldn't suggest doing it without legal representation. No it's not mandatory, but the US immigration system is notoriously complicated and applications can be rejected for the simplest of mistakes. It would be incredibly naive to think you could make a successful application alone (I assume to skimp on costs).

You genuinely will need help from a lawyer at some point. I don't know one single person whose done it without an immigration lawyer whose made it their career to know the system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

You are going to need an immigration lawyer

They do these sort of applications all the time, and know exactly how to phrase the cover letters, the petitions, the proof, the steps

On the internet you are going to get 2000000000 different opinions on what you need. Better to pay a law firm for their expertise and get it right the first time rather than rely on the internet and get the wrong information and get denied a visa

And lets face it...if you can afford to open a business/trade...you can afford a lawyer to work on your behalf

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭spideog7

Contrary to what the other posters said I think there are lots of circumstances where a lawyer is surplus to requirements for a visa application and may in fact hinder your application, especially if your generally thorough and able to follow instructions.

That being said I would be inclined to agree that you should get a lawyer for something like this as it's likely not something a whole lot of people do on their own or anything you could get many pointers on online, so if you have simple questions like what you have you might be stuck for a while.

Advertisement