Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hockey pitches in south dublin

Options
  • 08-01-2015 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know any hockey pitches in South Dublin with public access? I'm without a club atm, had an injury and a bit late in the season but would like to do my own training and work on my technique. The only one I can think off the top of my head is UCD. Any all-weather pitches in general would do.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

DLR Co Co have a few all weather pitches for rent at their three locations.

http://www.dlrleisureservices.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

That would be grand if I was in a group, but for only myself and for a short practice session, the price is exorbant. Thanks though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Just bunk into one of the pitches and wait to be thrown out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Just bunk into one of the pitches and wait to be thrown out?

I know people who have approached the staff in Meadowbrook and negotiated a much better deal that the official price, as it was just one person for 30 minutes and the pitch was unused anyway. Be cheeky and give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,524 ✭✭✭✭ted1

We used to play soccer on the back pitch in three rock hockey club. Just walked up and played, nothing was ever said. I imagine that they wouldn't say anything if your just practicing on your own

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 967 ✭✭✭highly1111

I'm with a hockey club in Rathfarnham and I'd recommend linking up with a club and offering some coaching - which you'd get paid for and then you could do a few drills / fitness after the coaching session. Most pitches are based in schools with the exception of 3 Rock rovers, Pembroke wanderers and then some Astro pitches you can rent so they would be difficult to access.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

RE: The coaching, would I not have to have some experience beforehand? I'd have to brush up on my knowledge of the rules anyway.

I used Rathdown pitches before but that was during the summer when no one was around.

Advertisement