Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Photographing Food with iPhone - Home lighting kit

• 08-01-2015 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

Hi,

I'm a food blogger and am looking to add better photos to my blog, whilst still using my iPhone. A lot of my cooking is done at night so artificial light is a nightmare for me.

Would anyone have any idea what kind of lighting kit I could use to enhance the quality of my photos?

Thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

TBH using shuttersnitch app and a compatible camera is a better option as you shoot with the camera but the images load directly to your iphone. There are also numerous ways to mount and/or tether an Iphone onto a DSLR.

but back to Iphone only

First Id say get a Iphone holder and tripod. Having the phone stable will really improve your images.

You cant really attach a hotshoe to an iphone to trigger a flash so get some reflectors and a primary light source. You can get small LED lights that would be suitable if you.You can also get reflector tents for food photography.

And of course, turn your flash on the Iphone off!!

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Fairy godmother

Thanks for that. I'm really new to this. I bought a Canon 40D about 7 years ago and its been lying in a press ever since (I got sick and couldn't use it for ages) and then other things took over. So I presume this is too old to be compatible with Shuttersnitch.

Could you recommend any particular LED lights?

I have found some reflectors on amazon which I think may be ok.

I have a tripod so that part of it is ok....

Advertisement