Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hen Party Hotel & Activities..

Options
  • 08-01-2015 5:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭

Hi,

I am in the middle of planning a Hen and after a lot of deciding We have decided on Dublin of either the first weekend in May or the second..

There will be from between 10-12 girls (mothers included) ... Could anybody please offer us advice on where to stay for the 2 nights at a good price & what restaurants/late bar to go to? We wouldn't be a messy Hen ..(No L plates etc) Just a classy affair with a few friends. I was looking at hotels such as The Morgan , Beacon, The Spencer and Have emailed the morgan about a deal they have. Would an apartment be more suitable would you think? If so.. where?? :)

Any advice appreciated .

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

What a good price for you and for anyone giving advice is could be very different things, best to give a ballpark figure. www.airbnb.ie would be another option

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

The Beacon is quite far out of town, while it's very close to the Luas it won't be "handy" for you.

Afternoon tea at the Westin Hotel is really lovely, and the cheapest of the three big ones in Dublin - others are The Shelbourne and The Merrion. The Westin also offers a lovely early bird for dinner.

The Winter Garden at Fade St Social is a lovely cocktail bar with lots and lots of seats, nice atmosphere.

Odessa does lovely dinner and has a nice late bar, always a crowd pleaser.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭Ms.Sunshine

Thank you very much for the advice tfak85. I will look into all the places you have mentioned. I phoned The Morgan last night and they gave me a ridiculous price for what we were looking for.. Over €300PP for one night!!!
    We were thinking of possibly having accomadation, activity & possibly a set meal for one nights dinner for approx €200 each?? I think it can be done! I will have a look on air bnb now. (I have never used the site before)

Might anyone know of any afternoon cupcake classes that cater to hens? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭Johnny_Fontane

Talk to the girls in henparty.ie, they gave great advice to my missus last year and they have special prices on hotels.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

There are a few cookery schools in the city, Decobake might have an idea of one that does cupcake classes specifically.

I went on a hen not too long ago and we went to a cookery school on Waterloo Road which I wouldn't be in a mad rush to recommend, it was grand but the people running it were absolutely no fun whatsoever and kind of looked at us funny for having a bit of a laugh - no one was drunk or wild or anything - same as yourselves the mammies were there too!

• Advertisement
Advertisement